Future cruise deposit?

Clampram

For some reason, I can't search on this website today so I have a question.

We have 2 cruises in January and while on those cruises we are considering purchasing future cruise deposits.

If I understand correctly, we should purchase one for each of this and then you use that $100 deposit when booking your next cruise. This will give you some extra OBC according to how long the cruise is.

Also, this deposit will be all that is required to book a cruise until payment is required (no other "deposit" money is required?)and the deposit is refundable to us after a couple of years if we don't use it. Do I have this correct and did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance??

Yes, you are correct and you must book within 2 years or Princess will send you back a check. Other's have said it looks like junk mail. We've used all ours and have been disappointed when we did not have some for cruises we've booked without a FCD. Even if I have nothing planned when I cruise I always get at least one each to use later.

... and the deposit is refundable to us after a couple of years if we don't use it. Do I have this correct and did I miss anything?

Yes. Not only is it refundable, it is automatically refunded without you doing a thing.

We once had one expire. It was news to us; we'd canceled the cruise in question, not remembering the FCD we'd used was getting old.

A month or two later, our credit card showed a $200 credit, automatically refunded. These things are the most foolproof benefits in the history of the world.

Jim

It is refundable even if when you get home from the cruise and decide that you will never use it. Just call Princess and ask for a refund. The charge is put directly onto your credit card and so is the refund.

For some reason, I can't search on this website today so I have a question.

We have 2 cruises in January and while on those cruises we are considering purchasing future cruise deposits.

If I understand correctly, we should purchase one for each of this and then you use that $100 deposit when booking your next cruise. This will give you some extra OBC according to how long the cruise is.

Also, this deposit will be all that is required to book a cruise until payment is required (no other "deposit" money is required?)and the deposit is refundable to us after a couple of years if we don't use it. Do I have this correct and did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance??

You have everything correct. I'll add - the amount of OBC depends on the length of the cruise and the category of room you book.

Correct.

Remember also that if you book a cruise using your FCD and the booking is advertised as no-refund deposit, you cannot get it back when you later have to cancel. It is a great perk and we use it. We always have 2 or 3 FCD on the books for both of us.