First time with Silversea - I’m in love!

cruisewmn

I’m sailing on the Silver Muse from Barcelona to Rome. 40th cruise, but first time Silversea guest. Wow. Simply wonderful.

I booked this trip with some trepidation. We like luxury cruising, but appreciate a varied age range and international mix of passengers. We’re solidly middle-aged (early 50’s), but have sometimes felt like the kids of the ship on our other luxury cruises. What a great mix of families, older couples, younger couples, and multigenerational groups. The ship feels alive and vibrant. I’ve met people from every continent — and it’s only day two.

The Muse is stunning. Crisp and clean, sleek, yet comfortable. Beautiful public areas with plenty of spaces to relax both inside and out on deck.

Although I’ve only eaten four meals so far, food has been exceptional. My party is made up of one foodie, one picky eater, and me, a person with numerous food allergies. No problems for any of us, yet! For others with allergies, I have to add that Silversea has been proactive in making sure my meals are safe AND delicious (unfortunately, a rare combination). I preorder my meals in restaurants. My butler has been making sure all room service items are accurate. They say the goal is to have me eat just as well as any other guest onboard and to not feel like I sacrificed anything. It’s working :)

Finally, this has to be the warmest crew at sea. Always smiling, always eager to please. I was addressed by name by a passing officer not 30 minutes after boarding. Amazing.

Suffice it to say, I’ve found my new favorite cruise line.

Loving what I'm hearing! Although we won't be on the Muse, we will be on the Spirit in Sept., who has just been "Musified" . I can only hope we'll be as well cared for as are you!

We did our first SS cruise a year ago April and it was enough to send us back for more. We've done Regent which we love but is pricing itself out of our range, Crystal which is still one of my most favorites and Cunard Grill Class. While each has it's own charm and high points, SS for us, kind of rolled it all together.

Very glad you're having a great time. Hope to hear more!

Same here. We are on the Aug 24 Spirit sailing and really looking forward to it. There are several new spirit reviews that have been posted on Cruise Critic the past few days that are not good. However, my wife and I take with a grain/pound of salt some of the comments that are posted. In any event all that is left to do is enjoy the cruise.

Happy Sailing

Neilio

I'm so glad to hear this, cruisewmn! My daughter and I will sail on the Muse next May, and it will be her first time cruising. Your review is muse-ic to my ears. Thank you for taking the time to write in about it.

Hoping the rest of your time is as lovely as these first few days have been,

I echo everyone else and am glad you are having such a good time:D. I sailed with SS for the 2nd time last month and wholeheartedly agree about the crew/staff. They always seem to be smiling and cordial...…...it is such a pleasure:D

I’m sailing on the Silver Muse from Barcelona to Rome. 40th cruise, but first time Silversea guest. Wow. Simply wonderful. The Muse is stunning. Crisp and clean, sleek, yet comfortable. Beautiful public areas with plenty of spaces to relax both inside and out on deck. Although I’ve only eaten four meals so far, food has been exceptional. Finally, this has to be the warmest crew at sea. Always smiling, always eager to please. I was addressed by name by a passing officer not 30 minutes after boarding. Amazing.

Appreciate these posting and your sharing of such "good news"!! Especially from someone so experienced doing various cruises. We are looking to do a Silver Muse sailing in late July next year from Vancouver to Alaska. Like all of your sharing on the Muse. Keep it coming. Wonderful background and details. Tell us more on your favorite "dining delights", plus your favorite locations, secrets, tips, etc., on and for the Muse.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 229,246 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923