Cancelling Celebrity Shore Excursion

carlsbadguy

What is Celebrity's policy in regards to canceling shore excursions? I am sure it is on the website somewhere but I cannot find it. Not sure if I will be taking one of the shore excursions booked.
I believe you may cancel with a full refund within 24 hours prior to the tour.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Wrong, it's 48 hours for a full refund

This is from one of the Shore Excursion brochures:

REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS: Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Under no circumstances will refunds be made after an excursion has commenced. Tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity ExclusivesSM, and Private JourneysSM must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.

I will add that on a dozen cruises on Celebrity, it has always been 24 hour cancellation.

• Thanks 1

I believe you may cancel with a full refund within 24 hours prior to the tour.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

We cancelled one in Japan and had no problem. The ticket said "90 very steep steps" which was not in the brochure. We were 76 and 78. Not happening...

• 2 weeks later...
What is Celebrity's policy in regards to canceling shore excursions? I am sure it is on the website somewhere but I cannot find it. Not sure if I will be taking one of the shore excursions booked.

They will refund if 24 hours ahead EXCEPT if it is not a train or plane excursion. They have to be cancelled 30 days ahead of time.

When we arrived in our cabin and looked at the tickets, one said steep climb and many steps. This was on the ticket, but not on the description when we purchased the tour. Also the description said no limitations, steep climbs and many steps should be described as a limitation. Older folks with history of knee replacement. We canceled that tour and found something else. We got our refund.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

How long does it take Celebrity to credit the credit card?

If you cancel before the cruise sails it is a little variable but generally within about a week.

You do need to keep track of the refunds though if you are doing this often to take advantage of sales and other price reductions, as we had one cancellation that got 'stuck' and took us until a month after the cruise ended to get a refund processed, even though it had been cancelled 2 weeks before we sailed...

Edited by Mark_T

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

How long does it take Celebrity to credit the credit card?

I cancelled and rebooked an excursion a few weeks as as the cost had gone down. 

The refund was credited back to my card in 6 working days ( I didn’t count Saturday and Sunday) So, I cancelled on Feb 3rd and it was refunded on Feb 11th.