PV - Las Caletas Beach Hideaway and Rhythm of the Nights

stargate fan

• 3 weeks later...

Yes we've done them separately while staying in PV but never saw a combined excursion. Both are great, but the Rhythms of the Night is still one of our favorites and we will do it again.

One note - when staying in PV we booked through Kim Phillips at info@tourdeals.com.

30% lower price than Vallarta Adventures for the exact same excursion on the same boat and time, and you can change your times/dates at the last minute with no penalty unlike VA.

Not sure if your port times give you the option to book an independent operator but I assume so.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked Las Caletas through Carnival and then noticed it is cheaper to book directly through the Las Caletas website. I filled out Carnival's price guarantee form and was given on board credit for the price difference. It came out to an $80 difference for 2 adults and 2 children.

We know that Ine has explained this a few times in the past, but here it is again. Las Caletas (the beach and facilities) are private property and under lease to Vallarta Adventures.,,,,probably the largest local tour company. Vallarta Adventures has agreed (with the cruise lines) not to sell their tours directly to cruisers. Yes, it is possible for those of us who live or vacation in PV to get lower prices then the cruise line excursions. But Vallarta Adventures does try to verify that you truly live in the area by asking for local phone numbers, address, etc. A determined cruiser can likely beat the system, but you might want to consider that the cruise excursions are set--up to meet the ship';s schedule while there normal daily tours might not be timed properly for your cruise. And there are multiple eating venues (they use several buildings) and they will generally keep the tour groups together in a common place.

So should a cruiser try to save some money and do it on their own? We are pretty adventurous and might try it ourselves...but its not something we would routinely recommend.

Hank

Good points. I was thinking the OP might be overnighting and therefore able to go on their own rathe than through the ship. It is nice not to be part but of a cruise line excursion, and some of these itineraries are great with longer port times.

Red, it sounds like you are still using the cruise line excursion, but you are smarter than the average bear? Is that right?

• 1 year later...

Hey jumping in on this thread hoping someone can help me. So here is our problem. Tried to book rhythm of the night show through Carnival but only time offered is 3:30 in afternoon. We are in port overnight and REALLY want to see it after dark. What does Vallarta Adv require to prove I am not a cruise passenger. An address of a local hotel? Help

Hey jumping in on this thread hoping someone can help me. So here is our problem. Tried to book rhythm of the night show through Carnival but only time offered is 3:30 in afternoon. We are in port overnight and REALLY want to see it after dark. What does Vallarta Adv require to prove I am not a cruise passenger. An address of a local hotel? Help

That's the correct time for the Carnival excursion for the evening show. Some milling around on the dock, a ride across the bay (which is about 30 minutes or so,) and then dinner around five. Seated in the ampitheater around six, show started around dusk.

As a general rule, they ask for the name of the hotel/resort/condo you are staying at, the dates of your stay (arrival & departure) and a local contact number you can be reached at. They ask for this information, in theory, to contact you in case there is a scheduling conflict. Over the years, we were contacted once when a ship over sold the early morning excursion to las Caletas and we were bumped to the late morning time slot.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app