2019 Schedule

surmy555

I have been waiting for the Legend itineraries. Windstar may be losing customers by not releasing itineraries more that a year in advance. I’m sure their competitors, like Azamara, have filled many cabins already for 2019 cruises.

Agree completely, we were looking for a March 2019 cruise in the Caribbean and there is very little available (we want the yachts not the Surf). Unless the schedule is released soon we will probably secure another (land or cruise) option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Misty, the last cruise listed on the schedule for the Pride is March 2/19, and nothing after that. Also, there is nothing showing on the schedule for Breeze or Legend from March/19 onwards, so I have no idea where those ships are positioned and what the itineraries are. As mentioned, we are not interested in the Surf or Star as the cabins are far too small for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sunprince,

Chances of the Breeze or the Legend being in the Caribbean in Winter 2019 are pretty remote given the Legend will be in Singapore in Dec 2018 and the Breeze will be in Rome on Nov 3rd a little late cross back Atlantic (there is no transatlantic on the schedule so maybe going into dry or wet dock) If anything the Breeze would likely go to Costa Rica as is the case this year. As for the Pride schedule ending in March 9, I suspect there could be charters or the ship goes into dry or wet dock as it crosses the Atlantic. So Caribbean served by Pride and Surf, Costa Rica by Star and maybe Breeze??? (like this year) with Legend in Asia. Just speculating.

Unfortunately, Windstar is slow at releasing its cruise schedules. For people who like to plan ahead, it can be frustrating. Last year, we booked a cruise with a group of friends RT from Hong Kong. It is not on Windstar. At the time we booked, Windstar wasn't doing Asian routes. We will be in Hong Kong on the Millenium. Star Legend will be there too. Had I known that the Star Legend would be doing Asian sailings, we may have booked it instead. I like the Legend. I did 2 cruises on the Legend last year. Looking at 2019-2020 cruises now. Where will Windstar be? Hope they publish their cruises soon.

I called them about the itinerary I am seeing for this year and the gal had no idea when the rest of 2019 will be released. Oh well, will just have keep an eye out over the next few months.

The have most of 2019 up for Wind Star and Wind Spirit.

Cruises through March 2019 for Wind Surf, Star Pride and Star Legend. Nothing for Star Breeze yet.

I'm interested in booking a Costa Rica and Panama canal cruise and wanted to see if Star Breeze will be cruising there next year before deciding.

• 4 weeks later...

I participated in today's "Windstar Cruises 2018 Alaska Cruise Tour and Signature Expedition Webinar". They informed us that the Legend will indeed return to Alaska in 2019, but that the itineraries are probably all going to be 12 days, none 14 or 11.

If you are working with a TA, you may want to start talking with them now about the Star Pride and Legend into 2019. Windstar started sending some advance info out to well connected TAs yesterday. And today they verified the Star Legend will return to Alaska for 2019, but will likely not continue the 14-day itinerary. RideTheTide is correct, but as I understand it, both the 11 and 12 days Alaska itineraries will return in 2019.

And the more information I get from Windstar on the Alaska program the better it looks. Windstar is offering extensive shore and on water (like zodiacs and enough kayaks for everyone on board) excursions to make sure everyone will be happy. This is beginning to look like the best of a Lindblad / National Geographic experience, while retaining the shipboard luxury services that keep us coming back to Windstar.

Things already on my calendar mean it might be 2020 before I personally can book a Windstar Alaska sailing. But when I return it will be via Windstar.

I participated in today's "Windstar Cruises 2018 Alaska Cruise Tour and Signature Expedition Webinar". They informed us that the Legend will indeed return to Alaska in 2019, but that the itineraries are probably all going to be 12 days, none 14 or 11.

Is that available to the public or just for TAs & such? Any tidbits you can share with those of us on the cruises?

If you are working with a TA, you may want to start talking with them now about the Star Pride and Legend into 2019. Windstar started sending some advance info out to well connected TAs yesterday. And today they verified the Star Legend will return to Alaska for 2019, but will likely not continue the 14-day itinerary. RideTheTide is correct, but as I understand it, both the 11 and 12 days Alaska itineraries will return in 2019.

And the more information I get from Windstar on the Alaska program the better it looks. Windstar is offering extensive shore and on water (like zodiacs and enough kayaks for everyone on board) excursions to make sure everyone will be happy. This is beginning to look like the best of a Lindblad / National Geographic experience, while retaining the shipboard luxury services that keep us coming back to Windstar.

Things already on my calendar mean it might be 2020 before I personally can book a Windstar Alaska sailing. But when I return it will be via Windstar.

I've noticed that we are tendered in a lot of ports even ones where it looks like we could have docked. Are they doing that so they can have the water sports platform open for kayaks? The don't have kayak excursions for those ports?

Perhaps just wishful thinking.

During the webinar, they informed us that the sports platform is unlikely to be used in Alaska because the water is extremely cold and could create a safety hazard. It seems that if you want to kayak, you'll need to take a kayaking excursion.

There were two other key points discussed during the Alaska webinar yesterday:

The kayak excursions have been designed to be suitable for just about anyone interested in participating. Windstar wants to maintain this as an expedition grade cruise, without making it outside the physical range for most active travelers. From my discussion with Windstar I would say, if you are physically able to get in and out of a kayak on your own (and have full use of your arms), it is likely you can and should decide to do these kayak excursions in Alaska. They also mentioned that, were possible, there will be a support zodiac traveling along with the kayaking groups.

Also we were advised that, as part of the improvements made to the Star Legend during the most recent dry dock, enhancements to the water sports platform will (at some anchoring spots) be part of the tendering operations. This will make the tender operations smoother for many passengers.

The more information we get about Windstar's return to Alaska, the more excited I am to plan this as my personal return to Alaska.

• 2 weeks later...

I am absolutely flabbergasted that Windstar still has not released any 2019 dates for the Star Breeze, only has Star Pride cruises through March 2nd, 2019, and Star Legend cruises through April 2019. :mad:

I am absolutely flabbergasted that Windstar still has not released any 2019 dates for the Star Breeze, only has Star Pride cruises through March 2nd, 2019, and Star Legend cruises through April 2019. :mad:

We have been waiting and waiting and calling and calling. We booked two days ago with another company. We were watching the best rooms disappear on the other ones. We got tired of waiting.

We have been waiting and waiting and calling and calling. We booked two days ago with another company. We were watching the best rooms disappear on the other ones. We got tired of waiting.

The last cruise listed is actually a ten day itin Lisbon/Lisbon departing on 11/18/18. We had an itin on one of the cruisers a couple years ago that ended in Lisbon and she was then headed to Cadiz for some dry dock work. This is my guess. Or, this is Windstar, the schedule could emerge tomorrow. You never know.