Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:16 PM.
USA
3,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
We got an email from Hurtigruten about two offerings (Eastbound and Westbound) sailing the NW Passage.

But it isn't the full passage. At about midway "through", it seems they fly you to (or from) Edmonton.
But it's also only 14-15 days, which made it more appealing for scheduling.

However... the PRICES!

We know Hurtigruten can be pricey, but still... well into the 5 digits pp, even the small inside cabins, and at the top end, $60k for two... for two weeks!?

Have they done this itinerary before?
Did they really sell at these prices?

Any info would be appreciated.

GC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GeezerCouple

contact us at:

GeezerCouple [at] yahoo [dot] com
Valley Village, CA
487 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
I know nothing about Hurtigruten's offerings on this route -- but other lines also ply these particular sea lanes, and for far less money. And, I must say, in more - relatively speaking - luxurious circumstances. Just Google "Cruise Lines Northwest Passage," or some variation thereof.
USA
3,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Hunding
I know nothing about Hurtigruten's offerings on this route -- but other lines also ply these particular sea lanes, and for far less money. And, I must say, in more - relatively speaking - luxurious circumstances. Just Google "Cruise Lines Northwest Passage," or some variation thereof.
Thanks.

Yes, we know someone who went on one of the longer NW Passage cruises on one of the luxury lines.
The price may have been similar, but the cruise was something like twice as long, and it was a true luxury ship, with lots of services (and a lot more space in the cabins and suites).

Very odd.
That's what I'm trying to figure out...
???

GC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GeezerCouple

contact us at:

UK
1,647 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
It's new to Hurtigruten and I know someone who is booked on it. I will try to find out more from him.

Looking at the trips on Hurtigruten's website, it appears that this years trips are not complete traverses but their new Roald Amundsen does the complete Passage in 2019.
USA
3,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by digitl
It's new to Hurtigruten and I know someone who is booked on it. I will try to find out more from him.

Looking at the trips on Hurtigruten's website, it appears that this years trips are not complete traverses but their new Roald Amundsen does the complete Passage in 2019.
I totally missed this listing earlier. Duh!

It's now almost sold out; no online info is available about which cabins are available.

Has the Roald Amundsen actually been sailing yet? It would be great to read some first-hand reports.
It's an interesting ship, to put it mildly.

But I admit that we really liked what we felt was a "Hurtigruten" feel, *not* like other cruise ships. I wonder if these new ones will lose some of that. Of course, our experience is based upon all of *one* Coastal RT cruise on the Trollfjord.
We really had such an amazing time!

GC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GeezerCouple

contact us at:

Denmark
2,292 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by GeezerCouple
It's now almost sold out; no online info is available about which cabins are available.

Has the Roald Amundsen actually been sailing yet? It would be great to read some first-hand reports.
It's an interesting ship, to put it mildly.
Roald Amundsen, was originally due to launch in July 2018 but has been put back to May 2019.

The Northwest passage cruising 20. August 2019 is sold out by now at hurtigruten.no
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My cruise blog mogenshallas.com - email: [email protected]
RCCL Diamond Plus and Celebrity Captain's Club Elite member

Past cruises: 25 RCCL and 4 Celebrity - 22 ships and 110 Ports - Two future cruises. Voyager of the Seas from Singapore to Hong Kong and Jewel of the Seas from Rome to Dubai.
Sovereign of the Seas, East Caribbean Nov 1996; Enchantment of the Seas, West Caribbean Feb 1999; Splendour of the Seas, Brazil and Rio Carnival Feb 2001; Adventure of the Seas, East Caribbean Mar 2004; Rhapsody of the Seas, West Caribbean Mar 2005; Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal Mar 2006; Jewel of the Seas,East Caribbean Feb 2007; Brilliance of the Seas, Hawaii Oct 2007; Voyager of the Seas, Mediterranean Nov 2008; Legend of the Seas, Asia Feb 2009; Oasis of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean Feb 2010; Briliance of the Seas, Suez Canal and Dubai Jan 2011; Vision of the Seas, 3 nights Berlin Cruise from Copenhegen June 2011; Serenade of the Seas, 7 night from San Juan, February 2012; Vision of the Seas, 4 night St Petersburg from Stockholm, June 2012; Celebrity Millennium, 14 Nt Gems of Southeast Asia from Singapore, Jan 2013. Liberty of the Seas, Western Mediterranean from Barcelona; April 2013, Vision of the Seas, Norwegian Fjords from Copenhagen, June 2013; Celebrity Xpedition, Galapagos itinerary B, November 2013; Celebrity Reflection, Eastern Caribbean, March 2014; Legend of the Seas, Baltic Cruise, June 2014; Quantum of the Seas, TA Maiden Voyage, Nov. 2014; Quantum of the Seas, 12 Nt. Southern Caribbean, Jan 2015; Anthem of the Seas, 3 Nt Royal Cruise from Southampton, April 2015; Splendor of the Seas, 7 Nt. Greek Isles & Turkey, Nov 2015; Celebrity Equinox, 11 Nt.Ultimate Caribbean Feb. 2016; Anthem of the Seas, 9 Nt.Canada and New England, Sept. 2016; Legend of the Seas farewell , 23 Nt. from Singapore to Barcelona, March 2017. Hurtigruten Midnight Sun June 2017. Serenade Wetern Caribbean November 2017, Uniworld River Cruise April 2018.
USA
3,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by hallasm
Roald Amundsen, was originally due to launch in July 2018 but has been put back to May 2019.

The Northwest passage cruising 20. August 2019 is sold out by now at hurtigruten.no
Well, I guess that answers ONE question:

They CAN charge those prices!

Yikes.

GC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GeezerCouple

contact us at: