MoveUp Email

rachel_95762

Why won’t Celebrity let linked cabins bid together? Both cabins want to move from veranda to aqua spa but only 1 cabin got the email and the chance to bid. Upgrading according to the travel agent is $1000 per cabin so bidding might be cheaper. Our Sept 24th Panama Canal Cruise shows 21 aqua spa cabins available but we either want to move or stay where we are so that we can eat together. Doesn’t make sense.

Not everyone gets the opportunity to bid. Just the way they set up the program. With hundreds of oceanviews, verandas, and Concierge cabins if everyone was allowed to bid it for a AQ cabin it could be a nightmare to determine who won the bid when maybe 150+ people made the same bid.

On our upcoming cruise they are taking bids for Suites that have been sold out for 2+ months. I could have upgraded to a Suite 4 months ago for less than the minimum bid now. So should someone have a last minute emergency and cancel the “lucky” bidder would pay more than if they had booked/upgraded to a suite in April.

Not everyone gets the opportunity to bid. Just the way they set up the program. With hundreds of oceanviews, verandas, and Concierge cabins if everyone was allowed to bid it for a AQ cabin it could be a nightmare to determine who won the bid when maybe 150+ people made the same bid.

On our upcoming cruise they are taking bids for Suites that have been sold out for 2+ months. I could have upgraded to a Suite 4 months ago for less than the minimum bid now. So should someone have a last minute emergency and cancel the “lucky” bidder would pay more than if they had booked/upgraded to a suite in April.

Doesn’t that depend on how much the bidder paid for their cabin initially? For you it might be more for others it might be significant less.

But then what if ONE of you gets the moveup and the other bid (even if it is identical) is rejected. Once you are awarded the bid they charge your card and it's a done deal. No way of knowing if you're both bidding on the same category is there one cabin available? 5? 2? How many other people have bid what you have? So many variables. Since they reserve the right to let you know up to 72 hours before sailing then you could wind up w/ only one of you upgraded at the last minute and not the other. From other threads it appears that they tend to wait until VERY close to sailing to let people know and going by the previous threads, VERY FEW people win a moveup bid. If it's important for you both to be eating in the same dining venue, in your place I'd either pony up the cash to upgrade or stay where I was and not do the Moveup bid. Just my opinion. I myself bid a week or so ago and still waiting to hear for my 9/3 sailing. I would put my chances between slim to none. My bid was reasonable to ME and all I'm willing to pay, but it was deemed WEEK by the meter on the Moveup page. The bids deemed STRONG actually made the suite even MORE expensive than I could have just paid to upgrade. A LOT more.

I received a second Move Up email for our cruise that is sold out. The theory here on CC is that they are queuing up people in case of a last minute cancellation so they don’t have to upgrade anyone for free. I have to wonder how successful this new program is since the minimum bid is way more than I would be willing to pay.

If their minimum bids are too high, then people won't bid and the program will either die or they will come to the realization and come down. NCL has basically the same program, but their min. bids are pretty decent. Whether you get it at those prices is debatable.

I felt my "minimum bid" was more than fair but they have this little "meter" indicating the strength of your bid. SO the minimum was VERY WEAK and I added $200pp and it was still deemed "WEAK". Stronger bid were not my sweet spot and I could have booked the actual cabin directly at that price. I had nothing to lose and I'd have been happy to pay that for the category I wanted. I'm leaving in 2 weeks and haven't heard. But the category I was bidding on has now been sold out for days so the chances of getting it area bout ZERO. There are only 2 penthouses so I'm guessing the probability of one of them cancelling last minute are PRETTTTTTY low.