Whale watching in Icy Strait - Recommendations

Warm Weather Fan

• 7 months later...

Two thumbs up for Hoonah Whale Tours. Captain Joardan is a great young guy who has been fishing these waters since he was a kid. Only 6 people to a boat. His last tour for the year will be August 15 though at which point they move back to Juneau for the winter.

Two thumbs up for Hoonah Whale Tours. Captain Joardan is a great young guy who has been fishing these waters since he was a kid. Only 6 people to a boat. His last tour for the year will be August 15 though at which point they move back to Juneau for the winter.

I believe Captain Joardan got as excited as we did when seeing whales. He and his wife are a nice young couple. I would go with them again in a heart beat.

Hi everyone. We have a friend traveling with us that has Crohn's disease. Obviously, her biggest concern is the availability of a restroom everywhere we travel too. Alaska is causing her some stress. Do any of these boats have a bathroom? I'm sure we will be calling anyone we book with to be sure. I would hate for her to miss out on so many great adventures!

Hi everyone. We have a friend traveling with us that has Crohn's disease. Obviously, her biggest concern is the availability of a restroom everywhere we travel too. Alaska is causing her some stress. Do any of these boats have a bathroom? I'm sure we will be calling anyone we book with to be sure. I would hate for her to miss out on so many great adventures!

Glacier Winds boat had a restroom. It wasn’t large, but is there if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All the boats we have been on have a bathroom (marine head). However, some do have limits as to what can go into them. You might want to check with the vendor before you book. It is very kind of you to look out for your friend --- hope you all get to enjoys all the wonders Alaska has to offer its visitors.

Hello:

We have decided to do whale watching in Icy Strait during our cruise in June.

Looking for recommendations on which tour company to book.

Thanks for your help.

We were in ISP a week ago. Took a tour with Captain Dwayne on Three Wolves through Icy Strait Point Whale Adventures. It was a great trip, boat made for whale watching. Saw Orcas, humpbacks and sea otters as well as eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from a cruise on Radiance. We booked through RCI. The boat was a bit larger but we saw plenty of whales, sea otters, sea lions, etc. The whales were tail slapping and breaching too. We were on the last tour of the day and late getting back, but the ship did not leave without us. Good reason to book through the ship.