Disembarkation Question From Sapphire to SIN

crawford

I wouldn't attempt it, but I tend to be conservative in my estimates to airports based on living in DC for over 25 years. The ship could be late, customs could hold you up, traffic could be bad, airport check in could be backed up. WAAAYYYYY to many things could go wrong in that very short window. I'd much rather be sitting around in the lounge than worried I'm going to miss a flight. (unless looking at map, I found the airport as 15 minutes from the seaport).

• 3 weeks later...
On a cruise this past January embarking at Singapore, I remember it taking about 20 minutes to get into the city cruise terminal. from the airport. A lot of traffic, too.

Looks like it's worth the risk. Going to be in Kalang, Malaysia the previous night. Will be able to get into IAD by 9:00 PM the same day, even with a 2+ hour layover in LAX. Walked off our Panama Canal cruise in February and was at LAX by 8:30 AM. Appreciate the input!

Looks like it's worth the risk. Going to be in Kalang, Malaysia the previous night. Will be able to get into IAD by 9:00 PM the same day, even with a 2+ hour layover in LAX. Walked off our Panama Canal cruise in February and was at LAX by 8:30 AM. Appreciate the input!

I would definitely request the option to carry your own bags off in Singapore once the ship is cleared. That way you should be among the first to the immigration/customs counter and then early to the taxi line. Singapore is amazingly efficient but there is a possibility Sapphire may not be the only ship that morning with disembarking passengers. Once through customs the taxi trip to the airport should be no longer than half an hour.

I would definitely request the option to carry your own bags off in Singapore once the ship is cleared. That way you should be among the first to the immigration/customs counter and then early to the taxi line. Singapore is amazingly efficient but there is a possibility Sapphire may not be the only ship that morning with disembarking passengers. Once through customs the taxi trip to the airport should be no longer than half an hour.

Planning on it. Thanks.