New Coffee Card

LARGIN

Someone posted on FB a photo of supposedly the current coffee card. It is smaller than the others and the voyage number and date were hand written on the back of the card. Can someone verify this?

They are handing out various versions of coffee cards on different ships. The one we got in April was an "older" version that did not have an expiration date, but did have a place to write in the date and voyage number on the back. Interestingly, we did use one of the cards, and no one wrote in the information...so we have a clean, new appearing card.

The other card I've seen has an expiration date of 12/31/18 printed on the card as well as spaces to write in the voyage number and voyage date.

It will be interesting to see what we get this fall.

Dont know the differences of coffee cards but we had 2 recently in exchange for our elite mini bar set up. The first one we used on the first we on our cruise in May on Sapphire the details on the back were never filled in and left blank. When we come to use the second one it was filled in by the server with the name of the ship.

There will be a new coffee card for 2019.

Obviously, but not responsive to OPs question nor to the issue of when the 2019 cards will start to show up. This is obviously the great unknown issue.

One would assume that any remaining punches on old cards will continue to be honored, but no one really knows.

Yes, I did get a glance of it, if it has a white background, on my recent Alaska cruise, as a women used it in front of me..I was gng to ask her about it but she slipped it back in her wallet to quickly.

Looked similar to old card except, smaller printing and white background/edging.

We were just on a sailing on the Grand and the coffee card did have the sailing and date hand written on the back with a permanent marker. Below this is an expiration date for the end of this year. We know we can't get brewed coffee on any other cruise using this card, but we asked what happened to our punches if the card hadn't been completely used. One of the staff members told us it was useless after the end of this year. (n)

We were just on a sailing on the Grand and the coffee card did have the sailing and date hand written on the back with a permanent marker. Below this is an expiration date for the end of this year. We know we can't get brewed coffee on any other cruise using this card, but we asked what happened to our punches if the card hadn't been completely used. One of the staff members told us it was useless after the end of this year. (n)

If that indeed ends up being true, then the vaunted coffee card is a real rip-off. You pay in advance for 15 servings of specialty coffees/teas, but after a certain date the card expires and the unused punches are useless?

So Princess got your money and you don't get all the product you paid in advance for.

I'm disappointed that Princess has gotten that money-grubbing. I guess it's back to the Horizon Court coffee urns for me.

If that indeed ends up being true, then the vaunted coffee card is a real rip-off. You pay in advance for 15 servings of specialty coffees/teas, but after a certain date the card expires and the unused punches are useless?

So Princess got your money and you don't get all the product you paid in advance for.

I'm disappointed that Princess has gotten that money-grubbing. I guess it's back to the Horizon Court coffee urns for me.

Wow! On average the card provides 15 cups at $2.33 each, about a 2/3rds the price of paying "cash" for each cup. Break even is 10 cups on the card. If you drink 10 or more cups, the card remains the best option. The delta between paying by the cup and buying a card is not something that will make or break Princess. The issue is likely more associated with those who take advantage, even duplicate cards to sell on sites like eBay. If one is that "hard up" you need to sell cards (and faked cards) on auction you likely should not be cruising.

Wow! On average the card provides 15 cups at $2.33 each, about a 2/3rds the price of paying "cash" for each cup. Break even is 10 cups on the card. If you drink 10 or more cups, the card remains the best option. The delta between paying by the cup and buying a card is not something that will make or break Princess. The issue is likely more associated with those who take advantage, even duplicate cards to sell on sites like eBay. If one is that "hard up" you need to sell cards (and faked cards) on auction you likely should not be cruising.

Why not sell unused cards on eBay? What else can you do with them since they've voided them at the end of the year?

Oh & btw- They're not fake. ;)

This was our experience also when on the Grand May 6th sailing.

Someone posted on FB a photo of supposedly the current coffee card. It is smaller than the others and the voyage number and date were hand written on the back of the card. Can someone verify this?
Checking out the photo on Facebook, it looks to me like that ship ran out of coffee cards and printed some of their own. The card has the image of the front of the current Card but not the back. On the back is the following:

“This card is valid for 15 specialty coffees & unlimited complimentary coffee/tea at the International Cafe & Amuleto. Present this card to be punched when ordering specialty coffee. Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage. Complementary coffee/tea only applicable on voyage of purchase.” The expiration date is also on the back.

This is probably “fake news.” [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get 4 cards each sailing due to elite tier and suites. So I use 2 and sell 2 on ebay and they are REAL. There are never that many coffee cards for sale on ebay to put a dent in Princess' budget so that's not a consideration. Money grubbing is more likely or possibly to eliminate the long lines for coffee's especially in the morning when the cafe can't handle the crowds.

It has been posted that Princess might be changing the coffee card program next year. Perhaps they will go to some per day program like the PBP or soda package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really hope it doesn’t go to per day. Last week on the Caribbean Princess I had an older card with no date and it had not been punched. The first time I went to get a brewed coffee the server punched it and then wrote on it the cruise ship and date. I was just happy to be able to have used it. I used all the punches on brewed coffee, but it was better than it being worthless.

Yes they have brewed decaf.

When I go for coffee, if people online are blue roomkey people without a coffee card, i offer them free coffee with my card. They are most appreciative and always leave with a smile.:):):)

Wow! On average the card provides 15 cups at $2.33 each, about a 2/3rds the price of paying "cash" for each cup. Break even is 10 cups on the card. If you drink 10 or more cups, the card remains the best option.
:) I drink only long blacks so this really put it in perspective

I have 2 punches left on 1 card and a blank 2nd card so I'm covered for June cruise .... does anyone know if the 2 cards I'll get in November / December (trading in mini bar) will expire that month?

Edited by Ombud