YUKON EXPEDITION & WHITE PASS SCENIC RAILWAY question

gar90

Hello all. I am doing the Yukon expedition & white pass scenic railway excursion through princess on our cruise in about a month. I saw that for some extra $$ you can do a dog cart ride during the excursion and Caribou Crossing Trading Post. Does anyone know how much extra money this costs? I saw through Caribou Crossing's website it was $53 for the 15 minute ride (I'm guessing that's all there would be time for anyway) but I didn't know if the excursion people got a discount. $53 seems a little steep for a 15 minute experience so I'm hoping that it gets a little cheaper.

We made the possibly not so smart decision to book through the cruise line. Didn't see that Chilkoot existed and offered the same thing for a bit cheaper. Now they are sold out.

We made the possibly not so smart decision to book through the cruise line. Didn't see that Chilkoot existed and offered the same thing for a bit cheaper. Now they are sold out.

I wouldn't say it's "not smart", just a different strategy. :)

Next week we begin our first trip to Alaska, then 6 days later our first cruise. We originally booked a bunch of excursions through Princess, then after reading and researching more, decided to cancel those and book everything independently. Two days ago I wrecked my back, and can still hardly move, so now we're just waiting and hoping it heals in time to do everything. If not, we may be out some serious $$$, since most independent operators don't have as good a cancellation policy as Princess.

I wouldn't say it's "not smart", just a different strategy. :)
Good point. For decades our retirement savings had been almost exclusively in stock funds. Now we have a very significant portion in bonds and cash, even though historically stocks perform better. As you said, different strategy.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.