Did anyone book alaska this morning?

axelskater

I was on hold for 40 minutes but finally got through - booked a 10 day R/T Vancouver.

The agent said they were selling like hotcakes - it has been a busy morning there. :cool:

I was able to get a few specials, OBC, gratuities & drinks - this is pricier than the Caribbean or New/England and Canada on QM2 so I suppose we will see if the price decreases after this initial flurry and I can get an adjustment. But judging from my time on hold, maybe not!

I waited about seven minutes on hold when I called from our Hampton Inn at Clackamas OR at 6:07 am local time. I had received the official notice that we could book the QE Alaska cruises at 6 am, but of course I was well clued in with the timing from CC.

I got off on the wrong foot with Liz when I refused the air package since we plan to ride Amtrak and Via rail to and from Vancouver from our home in Ohio. She said I have to give a home address so they know my nearest airport whether we will ever fly or not.

But after several more hiccups we got the cabin, level, dinner seating, and date we wanted. And I have the reservation turned over to our always very helpful travel agent.

Now we are at the car dealer waiting for our new tire to be installed from the flattening effect of the invisable center curb I hit when making a U-turn last night, after dinner with the nephew (no alcohol)!

We are having a nice walk along the riverfront in Portland--beautiful city with lots of transit, restaurants, and young people.

Exciting morning!

GO BUCKS!

David

Yes finally ! managed to book . Feel as if I've been on the telephone for hours, couldn't even get through all day to my Cunard cruise agent's direct number.... Just had to pour myself a drink :') never booked so far in advanced before.

Yes finally ! managed to book . Feel as if I've been on the telephone for hours, couldn't even get through all day to my Cunard cruise agent's direct number.... Just had to pour myself a drink :') never booked so far in advanced before.

Love it. Would have poured myself a drink but... I was at work!