Shore Excursion Bookings

Lyndihop

First off let me say we're new to HAL. And not familiar with their site.

Our cruise is not until 10/2018. I can see the shore excursions offered in each port, but when I click to "book now" I get zip. Only Exc. tours come up. Am I doing something wrong? Plus I wanted to check the prices vs. the $$$$ listed for each excursion.

But it's good to keep watching. We've had them show up as early as a year out, but usually it has been between 6-9 months.

I've found that looking at excursion over 6 months out can be a bit misleading. On a couple of cruises ones that existed at 9 months out, where no longer available at 3 months, and not because they were sold out. They just disappeared. I suppose this could be for several reasons, such as past experience, tour company changes, etc..

We also tend to not book Ship Excursions until we are on the ship. Between free gratuities and as DW is only a light drinker and me not at all, we have to have something to use all our non-refundable OBC on. :->

I've found that looking at excursion over 6 months out can be a bit misleading. On a couple of cruises ones that existed at 9 months out, where no longer available at 3 months, and not because they were sold out. They just disappeared. I suppose this could be for several reasons, such as past experience, tour company changes, etc..

We also tend to not book Ship Excursions until we are on the ship. Between free gratuities and as DW is only a light drinker and me not at all, we have to have something to use all our non-refundable OBC on. :->

Strange -- never have had that happen. I guess if they disappear those who book them early are told they're out of luck later. :(

Strange -- never have had that happen. I guess if they disappear those who book them early are told they're out of luck later. :(

Its a happened on 2 cruises in the last 10 years. Both Northern Europe (1 Baltic, 1 Norway/Ireland/Scotland). I had not booked them yet, but they definitely went away.

First off let me say we're new to HAL. And not familiar with their site.

Our cruise is not until 10/2018. I can see the shore excursions offered in each port, but when I click to "book now" I get zip. Only Exc. tours come up. Am I doing something wrong? Plus I wanted to check the prices vs. the $$$$ listed for each excursion.

I'm on a cruise in May and the tours only recently showed up, so you have a while to wait.

Exc tours are the shore excursions. It's HAL's new name for them. If your cruise is one that is offered on earlier dates, try doing a dummy booking for an earlier date and when the itinerary page comes up, there should be a place to click for shore excursions. If the shore excursions are ready for that cruise, the pdf of the tour booklet (which will show prices) should load, albeit slowly. If you see something like "3% loaded" and it never gets beyond that, it means they've put up the link but the pdf isn't ready.

VERY frustrating, I know. But it's the only way to see tour prices other than for the cruise you're booked on.

We are on a cruise in October 2018. The excursions are already available and one that we were very interested in has already booked up and was wait listed by the end of September 2017. We've just joined a private shore excursion to the same place for that port. Never hurts to be checking and researching excursions far in advance.

We are on a cruise in October 2018. The excursions are already available and one that we were very interested in has already booked up and was wait listed by the end of September 2017. We've just joined a private shore excursion to the same place for that port. Never hurts to be checking and researching excursions far in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums