Westerdam San Diego/Eurodam Key West Sail-Away Jan 20, 2018

Boytjie

The Westerdam is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM PST - subject to change.

The webcam is at: http://sundiegolive.com/

The Westerdam's 15-Day Panama Canal Itinerary:

Jan 20 San Diego, California, US

Jan 21 At Sea

Jan 22 At Sea

Jan 23 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Jan 24 At Sea

Jan 25 Huatulco, Mexico

Jan 26 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Jan 27 Corinto, Nicaragua

Jan 28 Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica

Jan 29 At Sea

Jan 30 Panama Canal (Cruising Canal)

Jan 31 Cartagena, Colombia

Feb 01 At Sea

Feb 02 George Town, Grand Cayman

Feb 03 At Sea

Feb 04 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

T81P5W.jpg

==============================================

The Eurodam is in Key West at the Pier B today from 8:00 AM until 17:00/5:00 PM EST.

The webcam is at http://www.keywestharborwebcam.com/

I was shocked to see no dam ships in Ft. Lauderdale on a Saturday. Thinking there might be one on a charter flying under Peter's radar I took a look at a couple of schedules and see there really is none. I did notice something that might interest some of the addicts (and I'm sure that would include Scrapnana if she were on land). Vista/Signature twin Queen Elizabeth will be in port shown on the PEV schedule to depart at 1800. Her itinerary:

Ocho Rios, Jamaica, 22 January

Aruba, 24 January

Puerto Quetzel, Guatemala, 29 January

Cabo San Lucas, 1 February

San Francisco, 4 February

Roy

That westerdam sailing may be delayed since the women’s march has the road closed from 10 am to 2 pm pst. They are expecting up to 10,000 marchers. My dsil is on this sailing and their shuttle won’t pick them up until 2:30. Those disembarking May run into problems as well. It will be interesting to see when the ship does leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a problem. Just join the march with suitcases in tow, and then turn to the ship!

Seriously, the march is easily circumvented by anyone who can walk a couple blocks down to the Midway museum.

igraf

That westerdam sailing may be delayed since the women’s march has the road closed from 10 am to 2 pm pst. They are expecting up to 10,000 marchers. My dsil is on this sailing and their shuttle won’t pick them up until 2:30. Those disembarking May run into problems as well. It will be interesting to see when the ship does leave.

Not a problem. Just join the march with suitcases in tow, and then turn to the ship!

Seriously, the march is easily circumvented by anyone who can walk a couple blocks down to the Midway museum.

igraf

You are correct. However my bil cannot walk the few blocks towing a suitcase. And of course he isn’t the only one.

Hmm. Surfline shows 6-8 feet. Higher than average but not what I call extreme.

Most of the weather is early Saturday morning, and then conditions calm down later in the day.

igraf

Westerdam is going to hit some really rough seas leaving San Diego and hdg to Mexico. There is extremely high surf advisory and High wind advisory.

CC member posted on another thread earlier that they were across the street at Springhill and were heading to the terminal at 9am.

Hopefully will hear more from them.

I'm guessing the early arrivers that board at 11:30 will have the ship to themselves until this afternoon.

As often happens with Cunard, 9 awesome toots from Queen Elizabeth. Even though I'm on the next San Diego sailaway, that camera is so awful I won't bother with Westerdam. Thanks Peter, Lou, and Dave.

Roy

There used to be a really nice webcam on top of one of the skyscrapers across from the B-Street terminal in SD. You could actually, as a viewer, remote control that bad boy left and right and up and down, but that cam is just a memory now.

San Diego, Seattle Pier 91/Smith Cove, and Vancouver's Canada Place are long overdue for a PTZ webcam..........................wishful thinking