Parking at NY Pier

gtzotzes

Hello!!

Just planning the details for my October getaway, and was wondering if anyone out there had an experience to relate with regards to the parking at the pier, ie security.

I have been checking the costs of parking in NY and the pier is the most economical. Just want to hear if it the the best choice.

Thanks,

Gail

we went out of ny in '99. i know that's a while back, but we parked in a hotel parking garage about 2 blocks away. i remember compared to the pier it was less than half the price. i honestly don't remember the name of the hotel, but you might want to consider calling a few of them and asking. (it can't hurt to ask.) dh dropped me off at the pier with all the baggage and then he parked and walked to the pier.

Good Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly don't remember the name of the hotel, but I would look at a few parking garages and/or hotels and call them and ask them how much to park for 2 weeks. With enough homework, I think you'll probably hit on something. Good luck!!

Do you remember what the hotel name was. We are taking 2 cruises back to back & are looking at over 300.00 in parking alone. Trying to find an alternate...

Lk

You should be able to qualify for the monthly rate, which costs $180. Check out the rates at the NY Passenger Ship Terminal's web site:

http://www.nypst.com/

• 3 weeks later...
WHY OH WHY IS THE PARKINK SO MUCH IN NEW YORK????? Maybe I'll just jog to NY from Ohio and Walk back. It woul be better then paying 200.00 just to park my car.

Because our real estate is worth more than just about any other place, so the garage pays more rent to be there than a garage in Ohio. :)

jane

We just got back from 2 cruises out of NYC. The 1st we parked at the pier. Security was good. The convenience was great , but 24.00 /day. The 2nd week I took the tip to park at a garage from Icon parking .com. much cheaper, but they socked my hubby with an extra 10.o0/day because we had an SUV....Ticked me off!! but it would be 119.0/ 7 days if your car is small & a 10 min. walk...

where is the Icon parking lot?

Thanks,

Jane

There are numerous Icon-run parking lots. Check out the following link for a list of their locations:

http://www.iconparking.com/Midtown_West.asp?sSrc=ExpressParking_addfind.asp

The closest one to the pier might be the one on 54th St between 10th and 11th Aves.

I live in Central PA and instead of driving and parking in NYC, I drive to the Allentown area (1.5 hours) and then take the Bieber bus into NYC (another 2 hours) for $30 round trip and leave my car for free. It takes me about the same amount of time to do this as to drive straight there, and I avoid the horror of driving in NYC. Then it's a few dollars (maybe $10, depending on traffic) for a cab from the Port Authority to the pier.

There are plenty of busses that come into the Port Authority that allow for easy cab access to the pier (there are also trains that come into Grand Central or Penn Station), so you might want to consider finding a station that is on the way and park for cheap or free instead of driving all the way to NYC.

Generally not. Most NYC hotels have very limited space. We park at the ship and have had no problems with security. Getting to the ship is never a problem if you park elsewhere but after the cruise ends, its nice to just jump off the boat and jump in your car and beat it home.

How close is the parking at the port to the ships???

Can I park at the port at any time???5:00 in the mornig???

We could read our license plate from the ship this past week when we left NY.

When we returned, we docked two berths down, so it was about a 200 yard walk. I got the car and brought it to where I left my wife and bags.

No idea if you can park at 5AM. You won't be able to get on the ship until noonish anyway, maybe you could drive around Manhattan and do some siteseeing?

I bet you could find a phone number for the parking lot and they might know when they open! ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...

usually park next to ships at the terminal lot, wondering how much it is now, and if it is worth the aggravation to take taxi,etc. and park elsewhere? Also, what hotels offer free shuttle and parking, should we stay the night before we depart?

Nitemare,

Im just guessing that the parking is close:) What time did you park?? I will get to the port at 5:30--6:00. Will I be able to park???

You better check if they will let you in to the cruise ship parking lot that early. You may need to wait until the ship empties out from the previous cruise and those people leaving free up the parking spaces. You probably cant board until after 11AM anyway. Why would you want to get to the pier so early? As another poster recommended: drive around and take in the sights.

You better check if they will let you in to the cruise ship parking lot that early. You may need to wait until the ship empties out from the previous cruise and those people leaving free up the parking spaces. You probably cant board until after 11AM anyway. Why would you want to get to the pier so early? As another poster recommended: drive around and take in the sights.

While what you say is true, you just replied to a post made 10 years ago. Someone reopened a long inactive thread.