Limiting AI packagedSA Sensible Precaution

Eglesbrech

• The All Inclusive upgrade package is subject to availability and once the pre-booked limit for this has been reached, the package will be withdrawn on selected sailings and cannot be either pre-purchased or purchased on board.

I found this on the Fred site and was promoted to look for it as one of my cruises has come up with “AI limit reached” in the notes section.

I am actually glad to see that there is a limit as I did have concerns about shorter cruises becoming booze cruises after the dress codes were removed.

To be fair I have never seen anyone even vaguely tipsy on a Fred ship to date but like all cruise lines they are going after a different demographic and slashing the prices close to sail dates (that a whole different topic).

Ps what draft beer is currently available please?

Edited by Eglesbrech
Hit post too early

So, what's Fred's criteria for reaching the AI availability cut off point ?

I shouldn’t be surprised if it is when they reduce the price considerably. If they can’t make a profit on the cruise price, they want to make some profit on the bar bill!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I shouldn’t be surprised if it is when they reduce the price considerably. If they can’t make a profit on the cruise price, they want to make some profit on the bar bill!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you are spot on. We booked last year and the price has now fallen like a brick so it is one way for them to recoup a bit on the sale price I suppose.