RCI Pizza

I have seen some not so flattering reviews of RCI pizza from the Cafe Promenade. I'm curious where it would rate among popular pizza chains. Is it comparable to maybe Little Caesar's Hot and Ready? Possibly a step up? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. We're pizza people so we'll definitely try it good or bad.

The Cafe Promenade food overall is below average. They have to have some of the worst donuts I have ever tasted, especially the chocolate frosted one.

However, the little cinnamon sugar donut balls that they make in the Windjammer, when they come out hot, are a 10 out of 10 in my book.

As far as pizza goes, the pizza at Sorrento's on the Harmony is identical to that being served in the Windjammer(another RCI gimmick, guess they want to offer another "location" to eat the same food). And the pizza in the Windjammer was better than any fast food pizza place in our opinion(Little Caesar, Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns).

What I don't get is that RCI actually produces some excellent focaccia bread. How do they pull that off but can't do it with pizza. Maybe they should try a focaccia bread option with pizza toppings in Sorrento's.

What I don't get is that RCI actually produces some excellent focaccia bread. How do they pull that off but can't do it with pizza. Maybe they should try a focaccia bread option with pizza toppings in Sorrento's.

That is actually an excellent idea/suggestion

I have eaten pizza all over the world and if I could I would only eat RCI pizza .However ,I would then likely be quite obese .

This thread has been very entertaining. I heard someone on Allure say the pizza in Wipe Out Cafe is better than that served in Sorrento's (maybe fresher?). I will have to try a slice from each in Oasis and see for myself!

cheese is fine, rarely has enough sauce and often undercooked. have them run it through again in most cases.

Make friends with the pizza guy and they will custom make you one when they see you in line.

Know couple ships I sail on the crust is well done(not burnt), yr after yr. This I like and request at shore restaurants. Can't stand soggy crust and have to agree with you on the skimpy sauce, but that doesn't bother me as much...

I have seen some not so flattering reviews of RCI pizza from the Cafe Promenade. I'm curious where it would rate among popular pizza chains. Is it comparable to maybe Little Caesar's Hot and Ready? Possibly a step up? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. We're pizza people so we'll definitely try it good or bad.

(n)(n) You will be disappointed. Unless your pizza of choice is Red Baron.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

It's fine pizza, I'm guessing pizza is a passion for some and I get that this wouldn't be at the top of any list. It's free, it's hot and generally cheesy so its pizza

That's the key, catching it hot. In Sorrentos where they let you grab your own slice, like on Majesty you can watch for hot, but they consolidate old pies onto trays with newer stuff. On the Oasis class, where you can get your own pizza made its good, but if you get one of the pre-made ones they could hand you a cold awful one. I went out side, threw it to the fish. They threw it back!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this was pointed out earlier in the thread, but as someone with gluten issues I enjoy the pizza at Sorrentos. It is made to order for me so it does come fresh and hot. And I am unable to eat any other regular pizza to compare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Oasis last week and Sorrentos seemed to be busy all day and night. I thought the pizza was good. It was never cold, if anything it was usually extremely hot because they could barely keep up with the demand.

People will eat anything.....5000 folks onboard....everyone will want to try it....once.....