How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

28yJutP

Folks, I am just not able to get a picture to show up. Using flikr, and the picture privacy has been set to public.

My question: the link generated by flikr is a secure URL (https). Is CC unable to post pictures from secure links?

28yJutP

Folks, I am just not able to get a picture to show up. Using flikr, and the picture privacy has been set to public.

My question: the link generated by flikr is a secure URL (https). Is CC unable to post pictures from secure links?

And to confirm that the picture is a real one: Toucan_Family

28yJutP

Are you providing the link location or the image location?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Still works for me.1f35437c93166beef9343ae375f4565a.jpg

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I received some paperwork that looked like that. I told my supervisor that the work must have been done at night.

I found myself a workaround to avoid using an outside photo hosting site to embed a photo in posts created via the Cruise Critic website. Maybe I'm not the first, but it's a revelation to me! I found myself constantly jumping onto my phone to the Cruise Critic Forums app to more easily upload photos, but that was much harder for typing. Today I figured out a way to embed images directly into the body of a post (as opposed to simply having a link created by upload feature) via Cruise Critic web boards without hosting it elsewhere.

1. Change editor mode to "advanced"

2. Click the attachments paper clip icon and use it upload your image. This places a link to your image at the bottom of your post

3. Preview your post and from the preview, click on the newly created link for your image and open in a new window. When the link opens copy the URL of the image

4. Go back to editing your post and with the cursor placed at the position in the text where you would like your photo to appear, click the "mountain" insert image icon and paste the URL you copied into the pop up box that says "please enter the URL of your image"

5. Voila, your photo is now hosted by cruise critic and actually displayed in your post instead of only a clickable link.

Is this a crazy way to do something others have already discovered a much simpler method to achieve?

attachment.php?attachmentid=426739&d=1534359816

20180815_110200.thumb.jpg.3900cf3b5d09d8c26cc4a9cbefa10148.jpg