Shanghai Disneyland

Tniel183

Sorry this may be how you want to spend your time in Shanghai...but personally too many other things to see in this (my favorite) city. Would it be possible to just plan a trip to Orlando Disneyland instead on another trip closer to your home at some other time. But please do enjoy whatever works best for you. JMHO

There will be many taxi's lined up outside the port and they'll take you anywhere you wish to go....they are metered so have Yuan and the name and address written down in Chinese. Certainly there will also be some at Disneyland too to return you back to the ship...again have written down terminal/port in Chinese for your return.

Edited by Ashland

We are disney fanatics! We are hitting all 3 Disneylands in Asia on this trip. We have been to Disney World many times. We have also been to Disneyland in California. After this trip we will only have Paris left. Thanks for the input but I’m looking for taxi prices. Tickets to Disney have already been bought. It will be the trip of a lifetime. This trip is 2 years in the making. We are also going to the Great Wall, Mt. Fuji and many other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are disney fanatics! We are hitting all 3 Disneylands in Asia on this trip. We have been to Disney World many times. We have also been to Disneyland in California. After this trip we will only have Paris left. Thanks for the input but I’m looking for taxi prices. Tickets to Disney have already been bought. It will be the trip of a lifetime. This trip is 2 years in the making. We are also going to the Great Wall, Mt. Fuji and many other places.

Wow...very interesting.

Try Google with your question...I just did and there is a post on Cruise Critic from 2016 that gives some exact directions and info. on getting from the cruise port to Disneyland Shanghai.

Best of luck and enjoy !!

We understand completely! This is a "must do" for us next year as we are also Disney fanatics and season pass holders. We will also be able to visit Tokoyo Disneland on the same trip.

Have a majical visit!

Glad to hear from other Disney fans!

Tokyo Disney is going to be amazing!

• 1 month later...

2746910ae1e4422944e2f83e62f58e0c.jpg

Well we did it. We hit all 3 Disneys in Asia on our cruise. It was amazing. Believe it or not the only problem we ran into in 3 weeks was the taxi to Shanghai Disney. We were scammed. His meter was not working (yeah right). Realized after it should cost between 180-200 yaun from the port. He charged us 400.

Beyond that we had an amazing time. We stayed at Disney’s Explorers Lodge in Hong Kong 4 days and The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel for 3 days. Both were amazing.

2746910ae1e4422944e2f83e62f58e0c.jpg

Well we did it. We hit all 3 Disneys in Asia on our cruise. It was amazing. Believe it or not the only problem we ran into in 3 weeks was the taxi to Shanghai Disney. We were scammed. His meter was not working (yeah right). Realized after it should cost between 180-200 yaun from the port. He charged us 400.

Beyond that we had an amazing time. We stayed at Disney’s Explorers Lodge in Hong Kong 4 days and The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel for 3 days. Both were amazing.

Love this! So which was your favorite, and why? We are trying to decide between Shanghai and Tokyo.

Oh that’s a really hard question. We loved all 3 Disneys for all different reasons.

I’m not sure where you are from but I think Tokyo was a little more English friendly. Seems like most people knew the basics but in China it was hard to find anyone that spoke a word of English.

Shanghai’s ride were way better of course because they are brand new.

We just loved Japan. It was so clean and the people were polite. We loved taking the JR into Tokyo. It was very easy to get to Tokyo station from Disney. There were so many things to do.

Now the lines at Tokyo Disney are super long so be mentally prepared for that. For course we went Easter week so maybe they were longer.

It was nice in Shanghai that we bought 8 extra fast passes. Worth every cent.

I would go back to Tokyo in a heartbeat.

We also went to Hong Kong Disney and fell in love with it. It was very small but it was so laid back and the lines were very short. We stayed at the Explorers Lodge and was it absolutely unbelievable. They nicest hotel ever.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions. I’ll try to answer.

Oh that’s a really hard question. We loved all 3 Disneys for all different reasons.

I’m not sure where you are from but I think Tokyo was a little more English friendly. Seems like most people knew the basics but in China it was hard to find anyone that spoke a word of English.

Shanghai’s ride were way better of course because they are brand new.

We just loved Japan. It was so clean and the people were polite. We loved taking the JR into Tokyo. It was very easy to get to Tokyo station from Disney. There were so many things to do.

Now the lines at Tokyo Disney are super long so be mentally prepared for that. For course we went Easter week so maybe they were longer.

It was nice in Shanghai that we bought 8 extra fast passes. Worth every cent.

I would go back to Tokyo in a heartbeat.

We also went to Hong Kong Disney and fell in love with it. It was very small but it was so laid back and the lines were very short. We stayed at the Explorers Lodge and was it absolutely unbelievable. They nicest hotel ever.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions. I’ll try to answer.

Thank you. We need to decide between Shanghai or Tokyo. I think Tokyo may work better with our cruise itinerary as it is our disembarkation stop, and we already have tentative plans for our time in Shanghai. Did you pre-purchase the Fast Passes? We have season passes at WDW and I hate dealing with lines, always utilize the FPs.

In which park was your photo taken?

You can only buy the Shanghai fast passes after you pass through the gate. Buy as soon as you get in on their app. They are limited. We bought the pack of 8 and it was worth every penny. We were also able to get a regular fast pass too. Just buy the passes on your phone after you get in the park. When ready to use they just scan your phone.

We did buy our park tickets ahead of time. You have to know what day you will be there and show your passport.

Tokyo you can’t buy any fast passes.

Thanks!

I think we will plan on Tokyo, I'm sure we will be pleased either way.

Still a year away but I am trying to get a general framework to work with for planning purposes.

Oh have a blast! You will love it. We already want to go back to Japan.

• 3 months later...

Tniel183

We are going to HK and Shanghai DL next month. I'm dreading the hot weather!! Were the 8 extra fast passes in Shanghai per person? Do you remember the cost? Did you get to select the specific ride and time? Thanks.

Download the Shanghai Disney app. The fast passes are called primer access. Looks like it’s 525 yaun for 10 passes per person now. It has changed a little bit since when went.

You don’t have to choose any times just ride the rides when you are ready. You can only buy the premier access pass after you enter the gate. We bought them through the app on my phone. As you enter the fast pass line you scan your phone and that’s it.

We were also able to get 2 regular paper fast passes while we were there.

We were told they only sell a limited number of these primer passes each day and it sells out pretty quickly. We were in the park minutes after it opened and bought them right as we walked in.

It was well worth it for us because were there on a Saturday of Easter week and it was packed.

Tniel183

We are going to HK and Shanghai DL next month. I'm dreading the hot weather!! Were the 8 extra fast passes in Shanghai per person? Do you remember the cost? Did you get to select the specific ride and time? Thanks.

acd1c003968d0a1708988a156182825e.jpg

Tniel183:

Thank you for taking the time to update your question with the answer. We are doing the Century Millennium from Tokyo to Shanghai in October and the only questions I have had trouble getting answers on are the best transportation from Tokyo Disney to the port of Yokohama and the Port Baoshan in Shanghai to Disneyland. Also being Disney Fanatics and in our 60's (once a fan always a fan!), it will not only complete our list of parks worldwide, but also we will have done them all in October decorated for Halloween.

Two questions for you...I understand there are 3 ports in Shanghai, which one did you arrive at? And do you have a recommendation on park to port in Tokyo? We fly into Narita, plan on the Limo bus directly to the park. Just not sure how do go from the park to the port of Yokohama without dragging luggage on trains and buses.

I must say I felt terrible that someone would be so cruel to suggest you go to WDW and skip the other parks. We have been to Shanghai before and will still spend a couple days in the city in addition to a long planned Disney addition. No reason we can't do both!!!

Thanks for sharing and any help you can give me with my transportation dilemma.

Tokyo Disney has buses that go from the resort to Yokohama station all day. They have a schedule online. You can buy your tickets in the lobby of the hotel. It takes about an hours to get from Disney to Yokohama station. At Yokohama Station catch a Taxi for a short ride to the pier 1cff99baf34e94e390dad244d564670a.jpg

We arrived in the same port in Shanghai. There were plenty of taxis lined up and ready. It was about 50 mins to Disney. If you are returning to the ship Please take a picture of your ship, and a picture of the pier with the name of the pier in Chinese. Most taxi drivers could not understand English. We heard one family got dropped off at the wrong pier.

It should cost 200 yuan or less each way.

Have a blast! Paris will be our last park. We are hoping to go next fall maybe.

Edited by Tniel183

Thank you, you have been extremely helpful. Disney hotels are booked, guides for all of our Japan and South Korean ports are arranged, it was just those final transportation questions I was having difficulties with. After searching various sites, as usual our Cruise Critic people have come to the rescue.

Have a great time planning your last Disney Park. We took the train out...very easy too navigate. Just don't be surprised if the park closes before the time listed online. (that happened to us. They closed at 7pm instead of 9. The park is small so we had plenty of time to see it all just no shopping time at the end. The shops did not stay open longer.)