Carnival Journey 14 day Southern Caribbean on Breeze

Produce123

hello there, my girlfriend and I are new to cruising and we have a 14 day Carnival Journey Cruise on the Breeze later on this year. With such a long time at sea, any tips or advice for such an incredible cruise? We are visiting Barbados and St John and Grenada and Antigua and St Lucia etc. This cruise seems to hit the most exotic ports! Very excited!

Two weeks is a great way to start cruising! The Breeze is a great ship. You must try Guys Burgers. I ate one everyday on a seven day cruise! They are delicious. Give the 3d theater a try it was fun. We sprang for the spa pass for our cruise and it was so worth it. You get access to the thermal spa all cruise long! It was relaxing with heated loungers sauna and a mineral water pool with jets it was amazing. The few ports you listed sound amazing. I have not had the pleasure of getting to any of them yet so I can’t help you there but if you book excursions you might want to book through Carnival. A piece of advice I learned is never to take a taxi or tour from anyone soliciting outside the cruise port. Inside they are authorized to be there and it is safe. Outside and you don’t know if it is legit or not as those groups have not been authorized to be inside the port. I hope this helps a bit! Have a fantastic first cruise. You will probably be hooked after!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much! I’m always impressed with great people on this forum thatbhave the time to share their experiences. Cheers from Vancouver!

Two weeks is a great way to start cruising! The Breeze is a great ship. You must try Guys Burgers. I ate one everyday on a seven day cruise! They are delicious. Give the 3d theater a try it was fun. We sprang for the spa pass for our cruise and it was so worth it. You get access to the thermal spa all cruise long! It was relaxing with heated loungers sauna and a mineral water pool with jets it was amazing. The few ports you listed sound amazing. I have not had the pleasure of getting to any of them yet so I can’t help you there but if you book excursions you might want to book through Carnival. A piece of advice I learned is never to take a taxi or tour from anyone soliciting outside the cruise port. Inside they are authorized to be there and it is safe. Outside and you don’t know if it is legit or not as those groups have not been authorized to be inside the port. I hope this helps a bit! Have a fantastic first cruise. You will probably be hooked after!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hello there, my girlfriend and I are new to cruising and we have a 14 day Carnival Journey Cruise on the Breeze later on this year. With such a long time at sea, any tips or advice for such an incredible cruise? We are visiting Barbados and St John and Grenada and Antigua and St Lucia etc. This cruise seems to hit the most exotic ports! Very excited!
1. Bring enough clothes for 5 days. Bring laundry soap (pods work best) and wash clothes in the launderette when needed.

2. Use the space under your bed for your empty suitcases.

3. Arrive the day before your ship sails.

4. Plan your clothes ahead of time. See what you can mix and match.

5. Pack your pass ports, cruise documents, electronics, meds, toiletries and valuables in your carry ons. Also bring a change of clothes for dinner and bathing suits in the carry on. Even with Faster to the fun you might not see your luggage until after dinner.

6. Pre- pay the gratuities. Tip any crew member extra in cash that went out their way for you.

7. Smile at the crew and use their names. Tell them they are doing a great job. They love it. Remember they work 70 hrs a week without a day off, many are away from their families for 3 to 9 months at a time.

9. Sign up for the behind the ship tour the moment you get on the ship. Its extra $ but worth it.

10. Do the Chefs table. Its $75. pp. But it is worth it for a 7 course specifically prepared meals hosted by the ships head chef.

11. Dont miss the comedy shows.

12. Make sure you have a balcony. For that long of a cruise I would go crazy if I didn't have one.

13. Bring a highlighter, sticky note pad, sharpie, and envelopes.

14. Bring magnets. Very strong ones. (Available on Amazon). They are useful for everything.

15. Take lots of pictures!!!!![emoji16]

16. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If I could pick ANY cruise I would want to do at the moment, that would be the exact one. Fantastic itinerary, fantastic ship. There's literally endless possibilities. Plan out a few things you would really like to do, but don't overplan. There's going to be plenty of time for you to do a lot of stuff. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Great itinerary, fine ship, wonderful ports. Do port research prior, look at the port of call section here for each stop to get ideas. Discuss how you want to divide your major interests, beach, adventure, shopping, etc. and in which ports. Mix it up so you aren't doing the same thing over and over again. Do at least one thing outside your comfort zone or that you can't do at home.

Use the ship's laundry service so you aren't wasting your time tied to the laundromat on the ship. Have a wonderful cruise.

• 1 month later...
1. Bring enough clothes for 5 days. Bring laundry soap (pods work best) and wash clothes in the launderette when needed.

2. Use the space under your bed for your empty suitcases.

3. Arrive the day before your ship sails.

4. Plan your clothes ahead of time. See what you can mix and match.

5. Pack your pass ports, cruise documents, electronics, meds, toiletries and valuables in your carry ons. Also bring a change of clothes for dinner and bathing suits in the carry on. Even with Faster to the fun you might not see your luggage until after dinner.

6. Pre- pay the gratuities. Tip any crew member extra in cash that went out their way for you.

7. Smile at the crew and use their names. Tell them they are doing a great job. They love it. Remember they work 70 hrs a week without a day off, many are away from their families for 3 to 9 months at a time.

9. Sign up for the behind the ship tour the moment you get on the ship. Its extra $ but worth it.

10. Do the Chefs table. Its $75. pp. But it is worth it for a 7 course specifically prepared meals hosted by the ships head chef.

11. Dont miss the comedy shows.

12. Make sure you have a balcony. For that long of a cruise I would go crazy if I didn't have one.

13. Bring a highlighter, sticky note pad, sharpie, and envelopes.

14. Bring magnets. Very strong ones. (Available on Amazon). They are useful for everything.

15. Take lots of pictures!!!!![emoji16]

16. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Wow! Thanks for all the awesome tips! I apologize for not thanking you sooner. Cheers!

We also are on this cruise,,,Go to the roll call area of the Breeze, and at the top of the page you'll see meet and mingle, sign up for the cruise critic get together!

• 1 month later...

We’re on this one also, 8 of us. Very excited about itinerary. Be sure to bring your best walking shoes, not just cute flip flops! And bring your fave over the counter meds such as Aleve, etc. you’ll be surprised at how much walking you will do - this is a VERY ambitious itinerary! Hope you have a blast