Transportation from Manhattan Cruise Terminal to Jersey City Hotel

Granana

Need advice/opinions about taking a cab to a Jersey City hotel after debarkation. Please comment on ease of finding transportation, pre-booking a car service, etc. Looking forward to your suggestions. I am planning to book the Hyatt House for a few days in October. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Need advice/opinions about taking a cab to a Jersey City hotel after debarkation. Please comment on ease of finding transportation, pre-booking a car service, etc. Looking forward to your suggestions. I am planning to book the Hyatt House for a few days in October. Thanks!

Typically we recommend not taking a NYC cab between NY and NJ because there are no regulations on this interstate trip. Get a price quote from Dial7 or Carmellimo. Figure the base price plus 18-20% tip plus a $15 toll. Hyatt House is actually very close to the Holland Tunnel right at Exchange Place, Jersey City , so no real reason for your hired transportation to go through the Lincoln Tunnel and around on the Turnpike to get there.

Of course to keep costs down, accessible public transit on PATH from either Herald Square or World Trade Center to Exchange Place is an option for $2.75 pp. Details can be provided.

Thanks. Wasn't sure about bringing luggage on the PATH.

It depends on what time of day you take PATH. If it's morning outbound it should be fine and you can get a seat. I took it to Hoboken in Jan to get the light rail to Cape Liberty. From 33rd St you would need to go on the Journal Square train to Newport and transfer on the same platform to a World Trade Center train to Exchange Place.