O Life Drink package - good value or not

firstforty2012

We have the O Life beverage package for out Med cruise in August and intend to upgrade to the Prestige.

Am I correct in assuming that all the Martinis are included in this?

With the Prestige package if it's on the bar menu then it's included, or if the ingredients are on it.

There are a few high end single malt whiskys in Polo and Horizons that are not included.

But, yes, all Martinis on the martini menu are included.

We got this O Life benefit on our recent crossing. We decided to upgrade to the full unlimited drinks package and were happy that we did, as we were able to drink outside of meal time and to take advantage of higher-priced glasses of wine. Servers and bar tenders were happy to give us whatever we wanted. It was expensive but cost effective in the end.

We got this O Life benefit on our recent crossing. We decided to upgrade to the full unlimited drinks package and were happy that we did, as we were able to drink outside of meal time and to take advantage of higher-priced glasses of wine. .

the wine by the glass is the same on both drink packages

:confused:

Lyn;

I believe the confusion is that the bars, such as in Horizons, sometimes serves higher end wines, by the glass, that are not available in the restaurants. Those wines are of course available on the bib, but not basic package.

You are correct, all wines by the glass, on the Restaurant menus, are available as part of both packages.

I have left Horizons happy hour, went to dinner, and asked for the wine I was drinking at Horizons, and then been told “ that wine is not available for the restaurants “.

Lyn;

I believe the confusion is that the bars, such as in Horizons, sometimes serves higher end wines, by the glass, that are not available in the restaurants. Those wines are of course available on the bib, but not basic package.

In that case the wine in the bars would not be available on the house package anyway

OK the wine by the glass on the House package is only what is on the menu in that restaurant ..correct?

I know in the Terrace they had a limited menu

i-htnZbHT-XL.jpg

Lyn;

I believe that to be the case. I have seen wines, by the glass , offered in a Specialties ( Toscana) not offered in the other venues. I don’t believe someone sitting in the GDR or the Terrace can order the wine, if not offended on the venue’s menu. I , however, don’t know the limits of that policy.

Hi to all ! We are going on our first Oceania cruise this October. We have picked the "drink package" as our perk and intend to upgrade to premium once on board. I do notice that it is stated in their promo on the website "unlimited premium spirits, wine and beer whenever and wherever you wish". I read somewhere else "whenever bars are open". Do the bars have limited operating hours? And, does anyone know what they consider to be premium? Will they charge extra (or even full price) for some of the higher end whiskies, cognacs, or cordials? For that matter, their tequila is better than mid range..

I read earlier on this thread that the wine selection in some of the bars was better than in the restaurants. Can we just pop into a bar before dinner and bring our glass of wine along with us to dinner?

If these questions have been covered elsewhere, I apologize for the repeats, but my search abilities seem to be minimal...

Hi to all ! We are going on our first Oceania cruise this October. We have picked the "drink package" as our perk and intend to upgrade to premium once on board. I do notice that it is stated in their promo on the website "unlimited premium spirits, wine and beer whenever and wherever you wish". I read somewhere else "whenever bars are open". Do the bars have limited operating hours? And, does anyone know what they consider to be premium? Will they charge extra (or even full price) for some of the higher end whiskies, cognacs, or cordials? For that matter, their tequila is better than mid range..

I read earlier on this thread that the wine selection in some of the bars was better than in the restaurants. Can we just pop into a bar before dinner and bring our glass of wine along with us to dinner?

If these questions have been covered elsewhere, I apologize for the repeats, but my search abilities seem to be minimal...

most drinks are covered in the Prestige package some top shelf cognac or single malts may not be just ask when you order

I have some photos of the menus it gives you an idea of what is available

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-bnXmLm/i-xMqb2SR

most drinks are covered in the Prestige package some top shelf cognac or single malts may not be just ask when you order

I have some photos of the menus it gives you an idea of what is available

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-bnXmLm/i-xMqb2SR

Thank you! LHT. I had not seen pics of the menus with prices. That does give a better idea of what might NOT be included...

Thank you! LHT. I had not seen pics of the menus with prices. That does give a better idea of what might NOT be included...

We do not do the package but from reports most is covered maybe the VSOP cognac may not be

I think Orv posted that in Polo some of the top cognacs are not in the package

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do they limit what you bring on board? In the contract it says they can hold any alchohol brought on board. Also, if they do allow wine to be brought on do they charge the corkage when boarding or if you bring to dining?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

When I search on phone it brings all cruise lines into search.

I have been on CC for over 10 years and the search function has always been the least efficient way to get an answer to a question!

It's my understanding that you may bring as many bottles as you like onboard. You will pay a corkage fee on them when/if you bring them to a restaurant or bar.

You will be charged the corkage fee at the venue in which the bottle is opened. O will store the bottle for you, and deliver it to other venues at your wishes.

Bottles may be consumed in your cabin with no corkage. Don’t bring opened bottles, or drinks, out of your cabin.

I have been on CC for over 10 years and the search function has always been the least efficient way to get an answer to a question!

It's my understanding that you may bring as many bottles as you like onboard. You will pay a corkage fee on them when/if you bring them to a restaurant or bar.

Thanks.

Like many things it's about how you ask. I never seem to have much trouble with it. Don't try to shorten with just 2 or 3 words, just type in what you want to ask.

Also at the top right of the page there is an option to "search this forum" , that keeps you out of the others. This is the one you want to use. If you use the one at the top of the page or the "search boards" link then you search the whole site.