Laundry washer and dryer directions

broker1217

Thanks for the link.

I used the laundry three times. I thought I knew what those symbols meant which was pretty close to the link explanation.

Used all the middle ones for both washing and druying. My clothes came out fine.

And I loved being able to iron some of my cotton items.

No memorizing necessary! :DNo extra paperwork to weigh you down! :DJust download the pdf to your digital traveling companion (phone, tablet, etc.).

Or Viking prints it out, and puts in a document protector by the washer.

I came from Celebrity where doing your own laundry and ironing was not possible. I usually spent a $ 80. 00 sending my cottons and linens out with my coupons.

I was I heaven on the Viking with their options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s on the wall in the laundry room on Sky.

Have they added explanations for each of the symbols? Or is it still directions that read "select your program" followed by symbols with no explanations for each? Which I viewed as inadequate when I was on the Sky last January. Thus my survey input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s on the wall in the laundry room on Sky.
You're missing the point. The directions are on the wall in every launderette, yes, but most people are at a loss to decipher what all the symbols refer to. Count yourself blessed if you were able to figure them out at first go. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Have they added explanations for each of the symbols? Or is it still directions that read "select your program" followed by symbols with no explanations for each? Which I viewed as inadequate when I was on the Sky last January. Thus my survey input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the directions on the wall are actually quite useless. Seems like it would be such a simple thing for Viking to fix.

I solved the problem by letting DH do the laundry. [emoji6] Thankfully, a Viking crew member was available to give him a helpful tutorial.

• 5 weeks later...

We just finished the Empires of the Mediterranean cruise on the Viking Star and I'm happy to report that all the needed info (in writing) is now on the washers and dryers. No need to interpret symbols, etc. Very easy to understand and use. And it was a great cruise too!

• Like 1

We just finished the Empires of the Mediterranean cruise on the Viking Star and I'm happy to report that all the needed info (in writing) is now on the washers and dryers. No need to interpret symbols, etc. Very easy to understand and use. And it was a great cruise too!

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2018 at 9:43 AM, broker1217 said:

Zoom in on the control panel image to see the words that correspond with the symbols for the laundry equipment:

http://www.speedqueencommercial.com/media/780118/stackwasherdryer_quantum_stainless_am16-0070.pdf

unfortunately I get a 404 error with the link, hopefully there are now written instructions to eliminate any confusion

10 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

unfortunately I get a 404 error with the link, hopefully there are now written instructions to eliminate any confusion

We were on the Jupiter in July and it was difficult to figure out exactly what the symbols meant, and no written instructions were posted anywhere.  Our clothes survived tho!!

• Like 1

I'm curious what people do who don't read English when looking at the printed signs. Symbols can be helpful at times. All I wanted to do was wash my clothes and dry them. I didn't think that was too hard to figure out by looking at what the other machines were doing. (Viking Sky July 2019)

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2018 at 7:43 AM, broker1217 said:

Zoom in on the control panel image to see the words that correspond with the symbols for the laundry equipment:

http://www.speedqueencommercial.com/media/780118/stackwasherdryer_quantum_stainless_am16-0070.pdf

I too got the 404 with this address but I did a bit more digging and found some translations. They aren't probably an exact match, but I'm sure the descriptions will fill in the blanks.

Washer User's Guide.pdf Dryer User's Guide.pdf

Always feel like I am looking at an Ikea instruction guide when looking at the symbols posted in laundry room. I did get a room steward who was nearby in hall to teach me the meaning various symbols. it was the  water temp and drying temp symbol I had trouble with deciphering.

I love that  they have iron and ironing board, because I wear lots of cotton and linen.