Car Service - Times Square to Cape Liberty

pasodancer

Looking for recommendations to get from hotel to Cape Liberty - want reliable over cheapest please.

Date: June 9th - 10 am

2 Adults - 2 luggage & 2 carry on bags

Hotel: Renaissance Times Square Hotel

Two Times Square, 714 Seventh Avenue at W. 48th Street, New York, NY 10036

TYIA!//Maria

Another agree. These two car services are recommended all the time without negative feedback. They have a large pool of cars, are used to making the trip between NY and NJ, and actually know where Cape Liberty is and how to get there.

We have used Dail 7 and have been very happy with Thierry service. Cruising out of Cape Liberty again this summmer and did online estimates for both Uber and Dail 7 from our Midtown hotel to the port Dail 7 was cheaper and a much nicer car.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost to get from Times Square to the Cape Liberty (3 people)? Many thanks

UberX is about $70-$85, UberXL is about $96-$120

Lyft is about $69, Lyft Plus is about $93

Carmel is about $47-$61 depending on the car

Dail7 is about $50-$65 depending on the car

• 2 months later...

I called both Dial 7 and Carmel Limo for estimates. I need three rides: Newark to Executive Hotel LeSoleil located at 38 W. 36th Street in New York (for 5 people), Executive Hotel LeSoleil to Cape LIberty Cruise Port (6 people) and Cape Liberty Cruise Port to LaGuardia (4 people). All three estimates came in cheaper with Carmel Limo. I did make sure both estimates included the tolls.

Question: When I spoke with Carmel Limo, they told me that the ride from the Hotel to Cape Liberty takes 1.5 hours with no traffic. Dial 7 said it only takes 1 hour with no traffic. Also, Carmel Limo said the car ride from Cape Liberty to LaGuardia takes 2 hours without traffic. Dial 7 says 1 hour with no traffic. That's a big difference. I'm from Chicago so I am not familiar with the area at all. Can someone tell me what the travel time will be? We're traveling on a Friday. Going to the cruise port Friday morning to check in the cruise ship at noon. Leaving on a flight from LaGuardia at Noon on a Friday.

Thanks!

I called both Dial 7 and Carmel Limo for estimates. I need three rides: Newark to Executive Hotel LeSoleil located at 38 W. 36th Street in New York (for 5 people), Executive Hotel LeSoleil to Cape LIberty Cruise Port (6 people) and Cape Liberty Cruise Port to LaGuardia (4 people). All three estimates came in cheaper with Carmel Limo. I did make sure both estimates included the tolls.

Question: When I spoke with Carmel Limo, they told me that the ride from the Hotel to Cape Liberty takes 1.5 hours with no traffic. Dial 7 said it only takes 1 hour with no traffic. Also, Carmel Limo said the car ride from Cape Liberty to LaGuardia takes 2 hours without traffic. Dial 7 says 1 hour with no traffic. That's a big difference. I'm from Chicago so I am not familiar with the area at all. Can someone tell me what the travel time will be? We're traveling on a Friday. Going to the cruise port Friday morning to check in the cruise ship at noon. Leaving on a flight from LaGuardia at Noon on a Friday.

Thanks!

Either could be an hour or less with no traffic, but when does NY City have no traffic? (Hint...almost never).

As I write this, Google maps is estimating 49 minutes from hotel to Cape Liberty and 1 hour 5 minutes from Cape Liberty to LGA. That's based on traffic right now. It could be greatly different when you're traveling.

The trip from hotel to Cape Liberty is fairly likely to be an hour or at worst a little more.

The trip to LGA could easily be 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You're doing two river crossings, traffic on Friday tends to be heavy and there's a lot of construction going on at LGA. Since the trip from Cape Liberty to LGA is the more critical issue I would allow two hours. I'd rather end up waiting at little longer at the airport if traffic is light than worrying about being late for my flight.

It’s one hour without traffic from EWR to West 38. Cape Liberty to LGA probably 1.5 but you might get lucky if it’s a Sunday. But “without” traffic is a trick question because there usually is some sort of traffic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s one hour without traffic from EWR to West 38. Cape Liberty to LGA probably 1.5 but you might get lucky if it’s a Sunday. But “without” traffic is a trick question because there usually is some sort of traffic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The poster says they're traveling on Friday in both cases they asked about (Hotel to port and port to LGA).