Hampton Inn Downtown Seattle

FPP777

Just received email from this hotel. They have decided to close the hotel for renovations May 1 - Jun 30. They just flat out cancelled my reservation. I am waiting on them to call me.

More to come

Just received email from this hotel. They have decided to close the hotel for renovations May 1 - Jun 30. They just flat out cancelled my reservation. I am waiting on them to call me.

More to come

What is it you are looking for from this forum?:confused:

I feel terrible for you. We were due to spend the night there on June 29th but I had read about the renovations on this board and - after calling and being told that basically construction might continue into the fall and even on weekends - we cancelled (we are using points) and switched to the Homewood Suites Downtown. I hope you find an alternative hotel without an increase in price!

I feel terrible for you. We were due to spend the night there on June 29th but I had read about the renovations on this board and - after calling and being told that basically construction might continue into the fall and even on weekends - we cancelled (we are using points) and switched to the Homewood Suites Downtown. I hope you find an alternative hotel without an increase in price!

I knew of the renovation, but had no clue it could possible extend that long. The hotel called me and have a location program in place. I had to send an email and request one of two hotels. I selected the Homewood Suites, so hopefully that all works out. We are checking in on June 13. I’ll let you know what I think :).

I knew of the renovation, but had no clue it could possible extend that long. The hotel called me and have a location program in place. I had to send an email and request one of two hotels. I selected the Homewood Suites, so hopefully that all works out. We are checking in on June 13. I’ll let you know what I think :).

Wishing you a wonderful cruise and hotel stay!

Thank you so much for posting this. We were booked here for July. Just to double check that our reservation was still ok, we called the hotel. They informed us that ours was cancelled as well. They informed us they are closing for the remainder of the year actually and all reservations are cancelled. We asked them if they had planned to let us know, which they said they would have been soon. So we are so thankful for seeing this so we wouldn't be scrambling looking to find another place to stay.

aucruisinggirl, I am glad my post helped you make arrangements before they were going to contact you.

In the Hilton Family they offered us Homewood Suites as well and a Hilton Garden Inn. The owners of the Hampton Inn also owns a Sheraton nearby, but could not assure me that I could get an equivalent price.