Star Breeze shore excursions

McCrews

We are booked on Star Breeze later this year on the "Belles of the British Isles" itinerary and are now booking some excursions.

Can someone tell me why Windstar limits 90% of the excursions to 4 hours max even though we are in port for anywhere from 8 to 12 hours.

After spending $1000's and travelling 1000 of miles to see these amazing places surely most people aren't happy with a quick drive by or a short visit at best. How hard could it be in places like Ireland and Scotland where there are so many attractions available that a tour can't be arranged that will fill most of the day rather than being back at the boat by 1:00 pm.

Probably because people get tired of sitting on a bus?

Easy solution; book private tours. I almost always book my own. They are better, more personal and always less expensive. I can't believe tour prices through Windstar sometimes.

Edited by 6rugrats

That works in larger ports like Belfast and Dublin and I have organized some trips or hop on hop off bus adventures in those ports. Unfortunately in smaller ports such as Ullapool, Oban, and Fishguard that is almost impossible as the tour companies aren't there. I have even tried to find a car rental agency at some of these stops and they just don't exist.

I think some people prefer to spend time on their own. A half day excursion allows that. We almost never use ship's tours. Check viator or google private guide and your port stop? We've never had trouble finding someone.