Help with Central Park....Pedicab

kcdancerkc

Do you want a pedicab tour of Central Park? The pedicabs in Times Square don’t give tours of Central Park. Go to Central Park and find the Pedicabs inside the park and ask for a tour. First ask “How much for tour of the park?”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry trying to ask, if we walk to Central Park,

Where are the pedicabs in the park, Near.....

a fountain....or south end....or in the middle, next to the zoo,

Everywhere?

I was only able to research the prices, and how to buy a slot online which we don’t want. :cool:

Thanks

I always steer visiting friends and family away from pedicabs. They are remarkably expensive and the guys who peddle you around are young people very unfamiliar with NYC and who give all kinds of incorrect information. I spend a lot of time in Central Park and am continually amazed at how much wrong stuff I hear them telling their passengers.

If you are able, I would recommend getting a map and walking a part of the park on your own. In addition, there are several walking tours offered by the Central Park Conservancy and led by properly trained guides. Most are free.

I always steer visiting friends and family away from pedicabs. They are remarkably expensive and the guys who peddle you around are young people very unfamiliar with NYC and who give all kinds of incorrect information. I spend a lot of time in Central Park and am continually amazed at how much wrong stuff I hear them telling their passengers.

If you are able, I would recommend getting a map and walking a part of the park on your own. In addition, there are several walking tours offered by the Central Park Conservancy and led by properly trained guides. Most are free.

I would never use the ones in Times Square definitely. I think the charge is $1.00 a minute. I once witnessed a big fight between a foreign tourist and the driver. I think the bill was like $50.00 for a few blocks!!

Nonequifans and other NYers,

I've got a specific pedicab question. My husband has difficulty walking more than a few blocks. Our first show is at the August Wilson Theatre (Mean Girls) up on 52nd - and we traditionally stop by Sardi's on 44th after a show. (And if we don't, our hotel is still a bit of a stretch (Marriott @ 45/46th)

In prior years, we'd walk it, with difficulty. But this time, it's more difficult - and, considering the post-show traffic, I thought that grabbing a pedicab for the few blocks would be a good solution. (tourisity, but useful)

Do you have any thoughts or better alternatives? (Subway doesn't really work since it has stairs and still means 3-4 blocks combined walks from both ends.)

....and while I've got ya' - I was thinking of a dinner spot on the way from the Marriott to 52nd to break up the walk. I was thinking perhaps Thalia on 8th (and 49th?). No to Ellen's Stardust Diner. (Flexible on cuisine, reasonably priced, need to sit down, but don't need a white tablecloth).

Thanks!

I would never use the ones in Times Square definitely. I think the charge is $1.00 a minute. I once witnessed a big fight between a foreign tourist and the driver. I think the bill was like $50.00 for a few blocks!!

$1 a minute?

Try $5 and $6/minute. And they often hide the price placard so you don't know until you are done what you owe.

ALWAYS set the price before you get in.

Both places for dinner have generally decent reviews in TripAdvisor. One of our favorites is Saju Bistro on West 44th street between 7th and 6th avenues.

But I could not recommend the best transport post theater .. as you probably know the area is extremely crowded at that time.

The one I saw on TripAdvisor said $49 each for an hour. I only want one hour,

and different than hubby, I really don’t want to be on a guided tour :eek:

I just wanted to ride with a mime lol....having foot issues I just wanted a peaceful ride......possible?

Crappola....just saw it is supposed to rain Friday and Saturday

Thanks

The one I saw on TripAdvisor said $49 each for an hour. I only want one hour,

and different than hubby, I really don’t want to be on a guided tour :eek:

I just wanted to ride with a mime lol....having foot issues I just wanted a peaceful ride......possible?

Crappola....just saw it is supposed to rain Friday and Saturday

Thanks

I think if you get to Central Park you’ll be able to negotiate with a driver. Tell him exactly what you want and ask the price. Central Park is huge so the pedicab brings you to the points of interest.

Nonequifans and other NYers,

I've got a specific pedicab question. My husband has difficulty walking more than a few blocks. Our first show is at the August Wilson Theatre (Mean Girls) up on 52nd - and we traditionally stop by Sardi's on 44th after a show. (And if we don't, our hotel is still a bit of a stretch (Marriott @ 45/46th)

In prior years, we'd walk it, with difficulty. But this time, it's more difficult - and, considering the post-show traffic, I thought that grabbing a pedicab for the few blocks would be a good solution. (tourisity, but useful)

Do you have any thoughts or better alternatives? (Subway doesn't really work since it has stairs and still means 3-4 blocks combined walks from both ends.)

....and while I've got ya' - I was thinking of a dinner spot on the way from the Marriott to 52nd to break up the walk. I was thinking perhaps Thalia on 8th (and 49th?). No to Ellen's Stardust Diner. (Flexible on cuisine, reasonably priced, need to sit down, but don't need a white tablecloth).

Thanks!

One thing about NY shows is that they give you running times so you can basically know the time the show ends. You could arrange for Dial 7 to pick you up

We accomplished this today! Went to Columbus Circle and told him we only had an hour....we really emphasized this. he said $90. We told him we didn’t need a running monologue about all the movies filmed there lol. He was nice, stopped a couple times for us to get out and take pictures, however, I believe he shorted us 20 min :eek: But it was THE most relaxing thing we did all day!

We accomplished this today! Went to Columbus Circle and told him we only had an hour....we really emphasized this. he said $90. We told him we didn’t need a running monologue about all the movies filmed there lol. He was nice, stopped a couple times for us to get out and take pictures, however, I believe he shorted us 20 min :eek: But it was THE most relaxing thing we did all day!

Yay I’m glad it worked out! It’s a shame that these drivers continue to cheat people. I guess you could have insisted on the extra minutes but then you might have had a confrontation.