Status match after first cruise?

teamflames

Hi all,

Are you able to apply for status match after your first cruise? We gain platinum status on ncl one day before our first ever msc cruise so would need to wait until after the cruise to apply with the higher status.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

Are you able to apply for status match after your first cruise? We gain platinum status on ncl one day before our first ever msc cruise so would need to wait until after the cruise to apply with the higher status.

Thanks

That would be possible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi...not too sure. When we cruised with MSC and asked for status match to be included a few months later they told me that it had to be applied within so many weeks of booking so we missed out. They may have changed the rules now

I did status match before my first cruise I used my Hilton stay

You should join the Voyager club first . This has to be done at ahead of the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok a real mixture of results. Reading the terms it appears it needs to be done before first cruise which is a shame

So go ahead and match your NCL gold now. It's better than nothing and starting at the bottom with MSC.

So go ahead and match your NCL gold now. It's better than nothing and starting at the bottom with MSC.

I am happy to if need be, trying to see if I can squeeze a cruise in between to get us to platinum beforehand

I believe that from the way it is worded, that you can do a "Status Match" at any time.

But, you can ONLY do a status match ONCE!

So, MAKE SURE you are going to match it to the program/status you want.

Ok I will reread and take a look, might try and contact msc and see what they say

Hi all,

Thanks

Are you saying you gain platinum status on NCL the day before your cruise with MSC? I take it you'll be finishing one cruise and taking another the next day or two.

Does NCL not automatically state you're the next level if the level will be gained while on the cruise?

At any rate, MSC's site states that you must apply for a status match no later than 7 days before your cruise [with MSC]. It will take 4-7 days for them to process your claim. Once you apply for the status match you can't request another one. Hope that helps.

Are you saying you gain platinum status on NCL the day before your cruise with MSC? I take it you'll be finishing one cruise and taking another the next day or two.

Does NCL not automatically state you're the next level if the level will be gained while on the cruise?

At any rate' date=' MSC's site states that you must apply for a status match no later than 7 days before your cruise [with MSC']. It will take 4-7 days for them to process your claim. Once you apply for the status match you can't request another one. Hope that helps.

Hi there,

Yes exactly, take an MSc cruise the day after our ncl cruise (where we attain the platinum status) ends. Unfortunately you only gain the status at the completion of the cruise!

I agree that retreading the terms and conditions of MSc it must be done before your first cruise. Unless I can squeeze in another cruise I might have to contact MSc and see if they will help.

Hi all,

Thanks

At any rate' date=' [b']MSC's site states that you must apply for a status match no later than 7 days before your cruise[/b] [with MSC]. It will take 4-7 days for them to process your claim. Once you apply for the status match you can't request another one. Hope that helps.

Hi there,

Yes exactly, take an MSc cruise the day after our ncl cruise (where we attain the platinum status) ends. Unfortunately you only gain the status at the completion of the cruise!

I agree that retreading the terms and conditions of MSc it must be done before your first cruise. Unless I can squeeze in another cruise I might have to contact MSc and see if they will help.

I think you must be reading different T&Cs to me,

Mine say you can join if you have sailed before

Passengers who have sailed at least once on an MSC cruise and subscribe on board

will receive confirmation that their subscription has been successful via email at the

end of the cruise (approximately 10 days after the cruise is completed). The email

will contain their Club identification number and an electronic version of the

MSC Voyagers Club card. Regulations regarding recovery of points for previous

cruises are set out in clause 3.1 of the present terms and conditions

So it may be worth holding off until you have the new level in NCL then apply for the Status Match

Have you checked what level NCL platinum gets?

according to my information it equates to Black which is probably worth waiting to get.

hope this is of use to you

Pete

I think you must be reading different T&Cs to me,

Mine say you can join if you have sailed before

So it may be worth holding off until you have the new level in NCL then apply for the Status Match

Have you checked what level NCL platinum gets?

according to my information it equates to Black which is probably worth waiting to get.

hope this is of use to you

Pete

Hi Pete,

This is in big red bold on their website:

In order to qualify for the Status Match program, you must apply no later than 7 days before your cruise start date.

We ask that you allow up to 4 - 7 business days for your status match request to be completed.

So must apply before cruise, sounds definitive. I will call them I think to clarify.

Yes Platinum equates to black which is worthwhile while I think ncl gold is actually 2 levels below black

Status match 7 days before to get the reciprocal status on that cruise from MSC. You cant status match 3 days before cruise and expect to have the status match done is what i believe that means. Does not preculde you from doing a status match after cruising with MSC.

Hi Pete,

This is in big red bold on their website:

In order to qualify for the Status Match program, you must apply no later than 7 days before your cruise start date.

We ask that you allow up to 4 - 7 business days for your status match request to be completed.

So must apply before cruise, sounds definitive. I will call them I think to clarify.

Yes Platinum equates to black which is worthwhile while I think ncl gold is actually 2 levels below black

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Status match 7 days before to get the reciprocal status on that cruise from MSC. You cant status match 3 days before cruise and expect to have the status match done is what i believe that means. Does not preculde you from doing a status match after cruising with MSC.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Oh ok, well that makes it worthwhile holding off for one cruise then. Will still talk to them and see if they might agree to it beforehand

• 4 weeks later...
Oh ok, well that makes it worthwhile holding off for one cruise then. Will still talk to them and see if they might agree to it beforehand

Hi,

I am in same position - not NCL Platinum before we would like to take the Seaside in Sept. Were you able to get a definitive answer from MSC on ability to status match after taking first cruise?

Thank you!

Hi,

I am in same position - not NCL Platinum before we would like to take the Seaside in Sept. Were you able to get a definitive answer from MSC on ability to status match after taking first cruise?

Thank you!

Actually I haven`t spoken with them because I realised we got double points on our last cruise and we have an upcoming cruise which will take us to Platinum so will have time to apply for the status match before the cruise. Sorry I can`t help

Actually I haven`t spoken with them because I realised we got double points on our last cruise and we have an upcoming cruise which will take us to Platinum so will have time to apply for the status match before the cruise. Sorry I can`t help

That's okay - thank you for the quick reply. Hope each cruise is great!