Bucket of Beer on the PBP

cardiffman

Can you buy 15 buckets of beer per day on the Premium Beverage Package, or do they count each bottle in the bucket towards the 15 drink maximum?

/s

I saw this modern miracle of beverage sales on the Sun Deck of the Star Princess, and even in that weather there were buyers.

No buckets of beer for the PBP. There is a limit on how much the drink can cost on the package. They may or may not give you an unopened bottle of beer with the PBP ... but most likely, it will be opened to prevent pax from sharing from their package.

Good point on the price limit. I guess that kills my idea of a bucket of Cuervo, too. I'm pretty sure that the buyers of the buckets of beer were actually sharing the beers with friends, which is another problem with putting it on PBP.

I was just thinking that in many cases, a group that is drinking together will take turns buying rounds for each other. So you'd have four drinks each, and pay for four drinks each, but on your turn you'd be buying four drinks and three of them would be for other people. Is a bar waiter going to block this if the buyer of the round is using PBP?

I was just thinking that in many cases, a group that is drinking together will take turns buying rounds for each other. So you'd have four drinks each, and pay for four drinks each, but on your turn you'd be buying four drinks and three of them would be for other people. Is a bar waiter going to block this if the buyer of the round is using PBP?

They can simply charge you for the other three drinks. It's not difficult. You definitely can't get a bucket of beer charged to your beverage package but you can still purchase drinks for others as long as you pay for them.

Can you buy 15 buckets of beer per day on the Premium Beverage Package, or do they count each bottle in the bucket towards the 15 drink maximum?

I'm kind of at a loss as to why you would even ask if getting 75 beers per day would be allowed on a package that states a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day.

Not only can you not get a bucket of beer with the PBP you cannot get a carafe of Sangria even though it is priced at $9.00. The new 15 drink limit--which means you can only order with the PBP what constitutes an individual drink--outranks price as the deciding factor.

Emily Post says that proper round-buying etiquette shall include notifying the bar staff of group members who already have the PBP so their drinks may be charged separately and that those PBP participants should be skipped when it's "their turn" to buy a round.

Apologies to Emily Post - tongue in cheek here.

My question was tongue-in-cheek, as have been some of the replies. I like to picture situations that could arise on the ship while I'm not on the ship. I don't think I could do 15 drinks in a day, but I can picture someone trying to get more than 15 drinks through by whatever means.

• 4 months later...
We are not beer drinkers, but I am asking for a newbie who does....

Can somebody give me quick rundown on how beers are handled with the beverage package.

No buckets?

No beers to cabin?

All bottles opened?

Draft or bottles?

On the package, one drink at a time.

That means, go to bar, order beer and drink it. If you want to take it to your cabin, tell the bartender. Most are happy to not open it if you don't want them to, some are more stringent. You'll quickly learn which is which.

If ordering in a dining venue, they're making the assumption you're drinking it there - so it will almost always be opened before delivery.

You can order any beer that's under rhe price cap ($12USD/$16AUS). Doesn't matter if draft or bottle - although obviously, the draft beer will be "open" as its in a glass!

Beverage package does not cover room service, buckets of beer, etc.

You'll only be served one beer at a time... If you want to wrack up a couple for in the cabin, have to either keep going back to bar, or grab one at each bar on way back to cabin.

Enjoy.

If you have the PBP then your friends are not buying you any drinks, thus no need to buy a round for them. They will understand.

Let's just say, if you develop a great rapport with a bartender you like and drink pretty much in his area, outside deck area, there's always a way around things like ordering a bucket of beers, just saying.

Tipping extra helps create a great rapport. I was given an "empty bucket" with ice, and it was well stocked on the balcony for our Panama transit day. Remember to nominate your favorite bartender as the Consummate Host on your last day. My problem was I had to put names in a hat and draw.