Brooklyn Cruise Port: Elite Door

quilter49

Don't know when your last Caribbean cruise on Princess was (looks like 3 or 4 years based on a skim of your post history) but there is no more "Elite door" at Port Everglades. If you arrive before check in starts, or the line is still out onto the sidewalk, everyone queues up together until just before reaching the check-in counter. After that point there are separate agents for Platinum/Elite/Suite pax, and a separate waiting room for Elite/Suite if the gangway is not open yet.

Anyway, I have only disembarked (twice) at Brooklyn, never embarked so I can't offer first hand experience. Only the observation that the Brooklyn terminal is barely any better than a giant barn (similar to Whittier AK). Probably will be separate windows as described above for Port Everglades, but I've no clue where there would be an Elite/Suite waiting area. At Whittier, which I believe to be the better comparison than Ft Lauderdale, they simply call anyone with Priority check-in to come forward to the separate agents, so I would go to Brooklyn expecting something like that and be happy if you find better.

Anyone know where to go for wheelchair assistance? I know Ft. Lauderdale is on the side of the building but last time out of Brooklyn 2 years ago could not find anyone who could knew anything or could help. Had to board without wheelchair and they was not easy and none of the staff seemed to care:(. Any help greatly appreciated.....thanks.

Anyone know where to go for wheelchair assistance? I know Ft. Lauderdale is on the side of the building but last time out of Brooklyn 2 years ago could not find anyone who could knew anything or could help. Had to board without wheelchair and they was not easy and none of the staff seemed to care:(. Any help greatly appreciated.....thanks.

The one time we actually used the elite/platinum lounge in Brooklyn there were some passengers in wheelchairs. They were actually the first to board. I'm sorry though, I don't know how they got their wheelchairs

The one time we actually used the elite/platinum lounge in Brooklyn there were some passengers in wheelchairs. They were actually the first to board. I'm sorry though, I don't know how they got their wheelchairs

We witnessed a nasty argument and fight between several passengers including people in wheelchairs/ pushing and shoving in the Elite Lounge in Brooklyn as they started boarding. Disgusting display. :rolleyes:

At what time does the Brooklyn Terminal open to start processing pax??

We always arrive in Brooklyn around 9:00 to 10:00am.

Porters start taking luggage around 9:30.

They open the doors around 10:00.

We arrive early because we are usually on a red eye that gets in around 7:30.

Boarding starts by noon unless there are issues from the prior cruise.

Have cruised out of Brooklyn several times. There is an elite/platinum lounge. It gets very crowded and cannot accommodate everyone. Those who do get in will be among the first to board.

Yes, the lounge is small and the elite/platinum's know how to play the game. They show up early. When we got there, early also, the lounge was full and spilling over outside. We were lucky to fund two chairs sitting along side the wall.

More passengers arrived and joined the crowd waiting. Some did not check in at the front desk and when they started to let us go, they were then sent back to get in line to check in. Large crowd around the lounge and some confusion.

Bob

We witnessed a nasty argument and fight between several passengers including people in wheelchairs/ pushing and shoving in the Elite Lounge in Brooklyn as they started boarding. Disgusting display. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this is just another sign of the times. Oh, I know I am older, but I so miss the etiquette and manners of the late 50's and early 60's and where families were the core of our country and parents taught their children how to act in public. At least where I grew up, you would not have seen anything like you described. But then when we visited NYC, there was some "culture shock"and I heard words I never heard at home!!

Pooh

Yes, the lounge is small and the elite/platinum's know how to play the game. They show up early. When we got there, early also, the lounge was full and spilling over outside. We were lucky to fund two chairs sitting along side the wall.

More passengers arrived and joined the crowd waiting. Some did not check in at the front desk and when they started to let us go, they were then sent back to get in line to check in. Large crowd around the lounge and some confusion.

Bob

Used the lounge when we finally became elite - wanted to take advantage of our new perk. After that just waited outside the lounge and got in line once the overflow started moving - no sense being crowded while waiting anyway

is this lounge the same one for full suites

if so i have these questions:

1 from above posts it seems like they literally 'lock you out' if you are late and dont get in. we do plan on being there by 930 or 10 with only carryons but finding that there are that many in such a tight space is disconcerting

2. just curious what snacks/drinks they have in there

3. above mentioned culture shock etc. have you ever waited for the staten island ferry? i did 1st time this summer and holy cow. u could lift up your feet and you wouldnt fall! sadly i didnt get one of the gold bars they must have been passing out on board..sigh.

4. i remember there's one guy checking things right inside the door then security. i'm assuming no special lines for security but that once you get thru there's a suite check in line?

is this lounge the same one for full suites

if so i have these questions:

1 from above posts it seems like they literally 'lock you out' if you are late and dont get in. we do plan on being there by 930 or 10 with only carryons but finding that there are that many in such a tight space is disconcerting

2. just curious what snacks/drinks they have in there

3. above mentioned culture shock etc. have you ever waited for the staten island ferry? i did 1st time this summer and holy cow. u could lift up your feet and you wouldnt fall! sadly i didnt get one of the gold bars they must have been passing out on board..sigh.

4. i remember there's one guy checking things right inside the door then security. i'm assuming no special lines for security but that once you get thru there's a suite check in line?

The lounge is for Elite/suites/platinum.

They don't lock you out.

You can get there whenever.

Once boarding starts the lounge empties out.

There are pastries/coffee/juice etc.

As far as the priority line for check in we gave up on that as sometimes the regular line is way shorter or has no people at all in it. You are only at the desk for a few minutes until you get your cruise card.

Recently witnessed an interesting “discussion.” Person in a wheelchair tried push in front of some folks to get on an elevator. Those in front stopped the wheelchair and got on the elevator which was then too full for the wheelchair. One person said, “you are sitting...so can wait.” Ouch

Hank

The lounge is for Elite/suites/platinum.

They don't lock you out.

You can get there whenever.

Once boarding starts the lounge empties out.

There are pastries/coffee/juice etc.

As far as the priority line for check in we gave up on that as sometimes the regular line is way shorter or has no people at all in it. You are only at the desk for a few minutes until you get your cruise card.

i did notice checkin for princess was 10x quicker than NCL. found out part of that is because pics arent taken until you are on board though. so thats kinda cheating :)

noted, just pick shortest line to register. we are so early wasnt a line last time at all except when they opened up security the initial crush.

anyone have a pic of the lounge?

Recently witnessed an interesting “discussion.” Person in a wheelchair tried push in front of some folks to get on an elevator. Those in front stopped the wheelchair and got on the elevator which was then too full for the wheelchair. One person said, “you are sitting...so can wait.” Ouch

Hank

i woulda wheeled my chair and prevented the door from closing :halo:

Both my husband and I have started having issues with our backs if we have to stand very long so we have decided to just wait until after 1:30 to head over. The two times we cruised out of Brooklyn, we visited friends for a couple days before and we went out for lunch with them before they dropped us off at the terminal. We walked right in - no lines. We have started doing that in FLL.

I know many people say that is their first day of their vacation and they want to get there for lunch. It is not worth the hassle for us. We pay for a late checkout of our hotel.