Travel time from airport... to put my mind at ease....??

1stTimer02/2011

We fly into New Orleans at 11am on Sunday the 27th... it shouldn't take us 3 hours to get to the cruise terminal, should it?!?

I'm questioning the time frame now.. we can't change our flights...

We should be okay, NO??

Its' only 18 miles from the airport?!?!!

We fly into New Orleans at 11am on Sunday the 27th... it shouldn't take us 3 hours to get to the cruise terminal, should it?!?

I'm questioning the time frame now.. we can't change our flights...

We should be okay, NO??

Its' only 18 miles from the airport?!?!!

I live close to the airport and work a few blocks from the pier. In rush hour traffic it takes 45 mins at most. No traffic, 15-20 minutes.

A question for the locals - there are Mardi Gras parades going on at that time. Does that make much difference?

Some of the parades end a few blocks from the pier. There are 2 on the day you sail.

What are you plans & concerns? Ar you flying in the day of or before? What area is your hotel?

We're flying in morning of the 27th (the day we are to sail) .. arrive at 11am to the airport... then will take a taxi to the pier....

There are 2 parades starting that day at noon. The pier is near the end of the parade routes. You will get there, but it will take longer. If you take the interstate to downtown, the only exit you will be able to take (assuming some road closures will already be in place) will be congested. Your taxi driver will know what to do. If it takes you 15 minutes to get downtown, it may take you 20-30 minutes to get off of the interstate and to the pier.

We're flying in morning of the 27th (the day we are to sail) .. arrive at 11am to the airport... then will take a taxi to the pier....

By the way.....I assume you are talking about Feb 27....correct? If so, that is still early in the season. The week of Mardi Gras gets busier.

Put your mind at ease. Youwill make it, don't worry. The taxi drivers know all kinds of ways to take you there. Personally, I never fly in the day of a cruise ! I would be exactly like you, if I did ! ;):o

Archived