Travel Insurance (Aus)

DanFromSyd

Hey Party Peoples!

I've booked my cruise through P&O, but forgot to enquire about travel insurance. What's the best way to get it? Should I call P&O or a TA? Will anyone just sell me travel insurance for a cruise they havent booked?

Thanks

Dan

Dan:)

You can download travel insurance from the P&O website under brochures.

It says that travel insurance is available in conjunction with a cruise booking and at the bottom of the page it says Travel Insurance: Any further enquiry may be made through our reservations department for insurance booklet with payment details and application form.

I got our TI through my health fund.

Regards

Kazza:)

we got free health insurance from my mastercard, but health insurance as kazza said is usually cheaper but being young you may not have your own insurance. shop around anyway, there can be some widely different prices. Plus i am sure you wouldnt qualify for "family" insurance with your brother

It's well worth it,I used Harvey World Travel Insurance last time. I lost my glasses on one of the islands.I made a claim.So it's not just for sickness. Broke a camera a few years back too,ins fixed that.

yeah ive always used travel insurance, but usually I go with a travel agent who is a friend of mine. I didnt this time and booked directly with P&O and they didnt offer it on the phone.

And now i dont want to call my friend to arrange it as I feel bad I didnt book through her.

So im investimagating the policies tonight..

Dan

I will ask the TA this tommorow,but just had a thought, I have a cruise booked in Uk ,family over there have paid dep. I will send money over later when full payment due.I purchased the airfare to Uk yest,and TA suggested I take out Ins.which covers me from now, to when I get back next Oct. She said 6 week cover. So I'm covered for cancellation before I go,right.and while I'm away.Just struck me,am I covered for the cruise in UK? She never gave me any paperwork or booklet.Just a receipt. Also for the P&O cruise in May,am I covered for that or do I take another one out?It is so complex,nothing is straight for me LOL. She did say it was a European one,whereas the Pacific Area is a different price.I will find out tommorow.Just thought I'd vent....Thanks :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi, got it all sorted,I'm covered for cancellation from now till when I get back from UK in Oct. ANY travel type plans I do during the six weeks I am away are covered including the cruise. The other cruise in May to Pacific Islands I need to take out another one for the time I'm away.Glad thats sorted,my luck I will probably use it.:rolleyes:

We use www.cgu.com.au. You can get an online quote and purchase online. Costs about $64 for a single or $126 for a double (don't have to be married!) for a 10 night South Pacific Cruise. Also covers up to 7 children travelling with the insured adult. I have never had to make a claim but have heard from others who have used CGU that they are pretty good to deal with.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I have just enquired with defence health (thanks to kazza!!) and have been quoted $102. That is for 2 adults and as many children that are travelling with you for either 13 or 15 days (can't remember exactly but we're going for 11). When we booked our TA quoted us $200 so at $102, I know which we're going to take.

Karen

Archived