Show times on Bliss - January

Hrhbob

Trying to determine show times on Bliss for January 19, 2019 cruise. Realizing days and show times could change on Bliss when she completes the Alaska season and transitions to Eastern Caribbean in November, what days and times are the shows, particularly Jersey Boys, during this current Alaska season? We will be able to book dinners and shows 20 days from now and would like to make a "best guess" on what days and times the shows will be, understanding we may have to call and change reservations when we actually know after the November 17 first Bliss Caribbean cruise. Also, if on Bliss now could you find out if piano-man Jim Badger will be on-board in January? We think he's brilliant and would hate to miss him!

On our cruise this week, The Jersey Boys is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sail away is today, Saturday. (leaving for port now)

Times are 7:30 and 10:30. It is a long show. You can try to reserve space online, when it becomes available.

I thought show and dinner reservations were available 90 days out (100 for suites). It looks like September 21 (20 days from now) is 120 days prior to 1/19.

I am on that same cruise on the Bliss and am waiting to book 90 days out. Or am I?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought show and dinner reservations were available 90 days out (100 for suites). It looks like September 21 (20 days from now) is 120 days prior to 1/19.

I am on that same cruise on the Bliss and am waiting to book 90 days out. Or am I?

Dining and show reservations are available 120 days out. 130 days out for Haven and I think suites.

Trying to determine show times on Bliss for January 19, 2019 cruise. Realizing days and show times could change on Bliss when she completes the Alaska season and transitions to Eastern Caribbean in November, what days and times are the shows, particularly Jersey Boys, during this current Alaska season? We will be able to book dinners and shows 20 days from now and would like to make a "best guess" on what days and times the shows will be, understanding we may have to call and change reservations when we actually know after the November 17 first Bliss Caribbean cruise. Also, if on Bliss now could you find out if piano-man Jim Badger will be on-board in January? We think he's brilliant and would hate to miss him!

So,,,, exactly 120 days before your cruise, at the stroke of midnight NCL-time (Miami), you will know when the shows are. It will be on your MyNCL account. Simultaneously, you can book shows and dinners. Not sure what all the call and change discussion is all about.

Guest performers have shorter contracts (from a week to multiple months), so those performance dates and times may not be final until you embark.

0dfe7dbc9a0fb5a879066fe0e92fa14c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still unsure since phissy says Tues and Thurs, and Aprille says Weds and Thurs. Guess I'll log in at 120 days and see what MyNCL says. As a follow up, I'm aware (I believe) I can make dining reservations for all 6 of us sailing together under a single res, but can I do the same for Jersey Boys? Can I reserve for 6 on my account? Thanks for the help.

Still unsure since phissy says Tues and Thurs, and Aprille says Weds and Thurs. Guess I'll log in at 120 days and see what MyNCL says. As a follow up, I'm aware (I believe) I can make dining reservations for all 6 of us sailing together under a single res, but can I do the same for Jersey Boys? Can I reserve for 6 on my account? Thanks for the help.

Jersey Boys is currently Wed and Thur. 7:30p and 10:30p. Look at BirdTravels' screen shot of the Entertainment Reservation Reminder.

I don't know about booking 6 for dining or entertainment reservations. I know on RCCL you can book everyone if you have all the reservations linked. I've never done it on NCL. You might have to call and have everyone's reservation numbers.

We have the same question for the 1/19/19 Bliss sailing. If anyone on one of the sailings a few weeks prior finds out, please come back and let us know the show schedule! Thanks!

You’ll be able to book all of it in a few weeks. So you will know the schedule for your cruise around 9/21/18.

We booked our shows and dining in advance and there were plenty of options at that time. It was only as it got closer that things filled up. But some things opened up too. You’ll be fine making your reservations since you know to make them 120 days in advance.

Note though that when reservations opened for our sailing (8/25 bliss) I found that some restaurants weren’t available on the app and some weren’t available on the website. It was probably some sort of glitch. But if you see something funky, try both places. For instance Cagneys said “reservations not available” on the app. But then only cagneys was available on the website and no other restaurants.

For dining -- you sure can! For entertainment -- nope! You are limited to # of persons on your reservation. Last year we cruised w-21 people and I had to go into each of their accounts (family who trust me) to reserve shows, whereas dining I could do in batches of 8-10-12 depending on restaurant. If you're traveling with another couple/etc. just make sure you're on the same page with show night & time before reserving. You can't cancel online once you've picked; but I think you can call and do so.

As a follow up, I'm aware (I believe) I can make dining reservations for all 6 of us sailing together under a single res, but can I do the same for Jersey Boys? Can I reserve for 6 on my account? Thanks for the help.

Thanks. Interesting - I haven't tried booking via the NCL app, only the website. This is good to know in case anything funky comes up.

Note though that when reservations opened for our sailing (8/25 bliss) I found that some restaurants weren’t available on the app and some weren’t available on the website. It was probably some sort of glitch. But if you see something funky, try both places. For instance Cagneys said “reservations not available” on the app. But then only cagneys was available on the website and no other restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone going on an earlier Bliss sailing in Jan 2019 (i.e. the 12th or the 5th) that can share details on the nights Jersey Boys and Havana are scheduled? Thanks!

Jan 12 cruise, we have choice of Havana on Sunday and Monday, Jersey Boys on Wednesday and Thursday. Comedy and Beatles to be done on-board.

Thanks for the information. I was able to book shows and dinners this morning for our 1/19/19 cruise.

One question: where on board at embarkation do I go to get reservations for Cavern Club shows (Beatles tribute, comedy, etc)? When I board, do I go to Cavern Club or are they set up somewhere else ?

Thanks again for all the past and future info!

Thanks for the information. I was able to book shows and dinners this morning for our 1/19/19 cruise.

One question: where on board at embarkation do I go to get reservations for Cavern Club shows (Beatles tribute, comedy, etc)? When I board, do I go to Cavern Club or are they set up somewhere else ?

Thanks again for all the past and future info!

Found my answer in another thread. Q is where the set up reservations for Entertainment and Go Karts (separate lines) at embarkation starting at 11AM. Guess I go there when I board. Good thing I am Platinum. Thanks for all of the help.

BLESS YOU! Thank you! I have to book for 19 people in my family, so know ahead helps me plan!

You can't book for all 19. Each cabin has to book their own. I tried to book for our group of 4 and wouldn't let me.

Unless you are dealing with group reservations that might be different.

It won't allow you to do it on-line.