Explore Busan

sunset001

One of stop of our cruise will be Busan, South Korea: from 9:00am to 10 pm. Still hesitating to buy shore excursion, so trying to find out how much make cost taxi from cruise terminal to city center. Will it be enough time to see must favorite sightseeing and spend 3-4 hours on the beach ?

The cruise line will have a shuttle to a train station in the city.

The trip takes about half an hour, although allow a bit of time for queues as well. Certainly with 13 hours in port you will have enough time to do those things; it just comes down to priorities.

Thanks all for your reply. Just a quick question about the statement that cruise line will have a shuttle: what cruise line are you referring to ? We'll be cruising on board of Celebrity Millennium and I heard that Celebrity doesn't provide shuttle at all, though this can be a wrong statement...

Thanks again !

Edited by sunset001

This was on RCL. It was explained that it was there because it is an industrial port that you can't walk through. As such, I'd expect that Celebrity would provide similar as that's always been the case where you can't walk through the port in my experience.

I have been to Busan as a port stop a number of times and each time a free shuttle was provided by the city. The route was from the port to Busan Tower, then to the Phoenix Hotel (near the Jagalchi Market and Gukje Market) then back to the port. One time, the route from from the port to the Lotte Department store which is approximately a half mile from the Jagalchi and Gukje markets.

I have been to Busan as a port stop a number of times and each time a free shuttle was provided by the city. The route was from the port to Busan Tower, then to the Phoenix Hotel (near the Jagalchi Market and Gukje Market) then back to the port. One time, the route from from the port to the Lotte Department store which is approximately a half mile from the Jagalchi and Gukje markets.

On our visit, the shuttles went to none of those places. They went to and returned from a railway station further north.

Hi! Was U.S. currency accepted in Busan, or just local? Thanks, Nicole

Hi! Was U.S. currency accepted in Busan, or just local? Thanks, Nicole

All the places I went to it was local currency only (KRW). Credit cards are well accepted at typical tourist places too.

Thank you so much for sharing your day in Busan. It was very informative. Nicole

You are most welcome. Our day in Busan was short but it was still interesting even with the mistakes we made. Have a great trip!

Thx so much ROCruiser.

Thanks for reading! Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for sharing your day in Busan. It was very informative. Nicole

You are most welcome. Our day in Busan was short but it was interesting even with the mistakes we made. Have a great trip!

Thx so much ROCruiser.

Thanks for reading! Have a great cruise!