Alaska Review: 10-Day DIY on Land & Radiance Southbound, 6/12/18-6/30/18 (VERY LONG)

OCSC Mike

OCSC MIKE - would it be possible for you to send me the name of the travel agency and consultant you used? We are looking at a cruise late July or August next year and after reading your wonderful review we are are thinking of a DIY land tour for 6-7 days. I don't mind driving but will keep all options open. Thank you in advance.

KenB

sunsetlk@nwcable.net

OCSC MIKE - would it be possible for you to send me the name of the travel agency and consultant you used? We are looking at a cruise late July or August next year and after reading your wonderful review we are are thinking of a DIY land tour for 6-7 days. I don't mind driving but will keep all options open. Thank you in advance.

KenB

sunsetlk@nwcable.net

If you get the info can you please pass it on to me, gbits@optonline.net

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
May I have it as well? My email is gbits@optonline.net. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like the info as well. TIA.... beoneal@centurylink.net

I read your entire review & really enjoyed all of your adventures. We cruised to AK in 2005 & sorry we didn't include the land portion then.

We did spend a day in Vancouver & enjoyed the city. We went up to Grouse Mountain...very scenic.

Thank you so much for such a detailed trip report! You really gave me lots of food for thought about all the various options for tours and transportation!

My brother and I are taking my elderly parents to Alaska this August and I chose to go with a pre-cruise tour from RC, just for the convenience. I basically didn't want to chance anything going wrong since it'd be so much harder to accommodate with them.

Hubby definitely wants to go to Alaska, though. And DIY is more our speed. Is it possible to get your travel planner's info? Sherri_Lyon AT Yahoo DOT Com

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your wonderful review. Being so busy it took 3 days to complete reading it and was in complete surprise when my computer shut down that I was able to find your review again. My DH and I are leaving for Alaska in less than 2 weeks and we're very excited. Over buying warm clothes and enjoying reading other reviews. Thank you again

'

• 4 months later...

EXCELLENT trip report!! Thank you for all the commentary, I for one, like the details (that's my style of writing also 😉). Heading to Alaska on June 22, northbound on Royal Princess out of Vancouver, stopping at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, cruising Glacier Bay & College Fjord. Following with Princess 8-night landtour to Kenai (excursion on Kenai Fjords boat like you did), Copper River (van to remote McCarthy & Kennicott for scenic flight or tour of the mines, if weather bad), Denali (day bus tour to Kantishna at end of the Park Road), and finally Fairbanks (included local attractions, then drive/fly to/from Arctic Circle - same tour company as yours) before red-eye flight to MSP. This will be my 3rd trip to Alaska. My late husband and I flew in/out of Anchorage, then toured the interior with a rental car, camping, hoteling, and backpacking (Toklat River valley in Denali) for 3 weeks in 1999. In 2013 we returned, taking our private vehicle onto the Alaska State Ferry, getting off and touring Ketchikan, Wrangell, Juneau, and Haines. 

I loved reading about your experience with several excursions I'll be participating in as well as rekindling my memories. Safe travels for you both and I look forward to reading more of your trip reports in the future!

Wendy

11 hours ago, Bacpac84 said:

I loved reading about your experience with several excursions I'll be participating in as well as rekindling my memories.

Glad you enjoyed it, lengthy details and all, especially since you've already been there twice.

We'll almost definitely return at some point.  Enjoy your trip!  (We both know you will).

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Glad you enjoyed it, lengthy details and all, especially since you've already been there twice.

We'll almost definitely return at some point.  Enjoy your trip!  (We both know you will).

This was a very good TR..Pretty much spent most of my day at work going through it 😉

Can i get your consultant's info. We are trying to plan for 2021 season and Alaska is the great unknown would love to get some professional help.  Email is vpaturi at gmail . com

6 hours ago, vpat48 said:

This was a very good TR..Pretty much spent most of my day at work going through it 😉

Can i get your consultant's info. We are trying to plan for 2021 season and Alaska is the great unknown would love to get some professional help.  Email is vpaturi at gmail . com

Glad you enjoyed it.  Sent you an e-mail.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...