Route of the Vikings Live on Board

Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:41 PM.
Scandinavian living in UK
1,042 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Lovely pictures Galeforce, you capture Cornwall beautifully.

I think it's quite easy to see what a dry summer we've had so far, this 'green and pleasant land' isn't quite so green as it normally would be! Very clear to see on the Poldark cliffs.
Derbyshire, UK
978 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Skomer Island Pembrokeshire this morning for early Ventures tours. Puffins flying past ship at a distance. Skomer is an RSPB reserve
Dallas, TX
795 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Galeforce, Thank you for your report and the fabulous photos! We are considering a voyage next year which includes this port. May I ask--how did you arrange your private tour so quickly after the change of port?
1,042 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Pembrokeshire is gorgeous and warrants a visit on a land holiday.
Skomer has been in the news lately as the puffin colony there is very successful.

And again, can see from the pics that Wales isn't as green as one would expect either. Much of the UK needs rain! But hopefully not during the daytime to spoil this cruise or summer for the rest of us.
Derbyshire, UK
978 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by SLSD
Galeforce, Thank you for your report and the fabulous photos! We are considering a voyage next year which includes this port. May I ask--how did you arrange your private tour so quickly after the change of port?

Hi SLSD

I contacted the person we’d booked the tour with and he was happy to swap the pick up point. Fortunately I’d spotted the port change with a day to go and not the night before when a swap might have proven difficult if I couldn’t reach him
Derbyshire, UK
978 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Isklaar
Pembrokeshire is gorgeous and warrants a visit on a land holiday.

Skomer has been in the news lately as the puffin colony there is very successful.

And again, can see from the pics that Wales isn't as green as one would expect either. Much of the UK needs rain! But hopefully not during the daytime to spoil this cruise or summer for the rest of us.

Hi isklaar

Agreed!! Think we will have rain tomorrow in the isle of man
1,042 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Gorgeous photos Galeforce, the Welsh Tourist Board should pay you some commission! Colours captured so well! I've never been to Tenby but so many of my English friends remember it fondly for family holidays there when they were children. I believe I recognise the lifeboat station from a tv series last summer about the RNLI.

I'm in NW England so not far really from the Isle of Man. The weather doesn't look great for tomorrow but at least it won't be cold.
Sedona, Arizona
2,046 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by galeforce9

This is definitely my favourite photo. It evokes memories of childhood holidays huddled behind the wind break on the beach.