Cab fare from airport in New Orleans to port

jkneern

Read through this thread and maybe I missed it. Can anyone tell me what Taxi fare from the French Quarter area to the airport will be? $7p/p is what I think I saw somewhere but that is so much less then the other way I don't know if it is right.

there are 5 of us and our flight is not until 5pm so I think we will use that service that delivers your bag to the airport and find something to do for the day.

thanks

Trish

Do cab's charge same price for children (8 & 13) as an adult? Thank-you!!

They could but don't always. I believe there is also a max of 5 people of any size in a taxi of any size.

Read through this thread and maybe I missed it. Can anyone tell me what Taxi fare from the French Quarter area to the airport will be? $7p/p is what I think I saw somewhere but that is so much less then the other way I don't know if it is right.

there are 5 of us and our flight is not until 5pm so I think we will use that service that delivers your bag to the airport and find something to do for the day.

thanks

Trish

$7pp (2 or more - $10 for one) for the F/Q to the CRUISE SHIP. Plan on $35 or so to the airport (for 2 people) - basically the same as coming from the airport. Without luggage, you might could make a deal with a taxi to the airport.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this up for new prices. I'm leaving our rental at Avis at the airport and was wondering if we should take a taxi to the port or the cruise lines own transfer? To be honest, it sees fairly difficult to get in contact with NCL to book the transfer so I'm leaning towards the taxi. The price is €14 p/p so it isn't cheaper either.

How long does it take from the airport? I'm going during Mardi Gras so I'm afraid it will take forever and I'll get stuck somewhere in a taxi. At least I know the boat wont leave if its their own transfer.

What do you recommend? We're two people.

Bumping this up for new prices. I'm leaving our rental at Avis at the airport and was wondering if we should take a taxi to the port or the cruise lines own transfer? To be honest, it sees fairly difficult to get in contact with NCL to book the transfer so I'm leaning towards the taxi. The price is €14 p/p so it isn't cheaper either.

How long does it take from the airport? I'm going during Mardi Gras so I'm afraid it will take forever and I'll get stuck somewhere in a taxi. At least I know the boat wont leave if its their own transfer.

What do you recommend? We're two people.

My first choice would be taxi. A taxi leaves when you get in it. I think about 30 minutes to the port.

Cruise ship transfers are large buses and usually wait for additional passengers or until they are nearly full, unless you are the last ones they are waiting for - usually unlikely.

In either case, Mardi Gras should have minimal impact on traveling from the airport to the cruise port.

More information on ground transportation from MSY (New Orleans Airport):

http://flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

{personally I might try to drop the Avis car off at the downtown location on Canal Street and hope they will shuttle me for free to the cruise port, but I have no idea what if they will be open that day or what hours or if they would shuttle - they normally will shuttle (gratuities appreciated).

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Is it still $33 fixed fare from airport to cruise terminal

Also disembarking how easy is it to get a taxi to Canal street

anybody with latest answers to this question please?

Taxi easy to get at cruise terminal and current fare for 2 to MSY cairport please?

anybody with latest answers to this question please?

Taxi easy to get at cruise terminal and current fare for 2 to MSY cairport please?

Those were the fares last year (end of September - beginning of October 2012) - from the airport to the Cruise Terminal/ Port area:

Airport Shuttle - (504) 522-3500:

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. $20 per person one way.

Airport Limousine - (504) 305-2450:

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. Rates start at $58 for one or two (2) passengers.

Taxis - Flat fee of $35 for the first two persons, $12 per person for three or more, plus a $1 fuel surcharge per trip (not passenger).

• 2 weeks later...
Those were the fares last year (end of September - beginning of October 2012) - from the airport to the Cruise Terminal/ Port area:

Airport Shuttle - (504) 522-3500:

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. $20 per person one way.

Airport Limousine - (504) 305-2450:

Kiosks in the baggage area of the airport, walk up service. Rates start at $58 for one or two (2) passengers.

Taxis - Flat fee of $35 for the first two persons, $12 per person for three or more, plus a $1 fuel surcharge per trip (not passenger).

Thanks for the update

• 2 years later...