Post your azamara drinks ordering experiences here

uktog

I didn’t look at drinks menus at all last week. I had Gimlets and Bellinis and just asked for them to be made with the included vodka and wine respectively. No problem in the Living Room or Discoveries Bar. However the barman in Spirits said he didn’t have apricot nectar to make Bellinis. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
A lemon drop usually has triple sec, which doesn’t appear on the new list.

Neither do creme de menthe nor creme de cacao, but people are still getting included grasshoppers. I don't think the new spirits list is intended to be comprehensive, just as the new list of included cocktails was never intended to be comprehensive.

Hi,

Getting excited about our first Azamara cruise coming up on Sept 29th (Athens to Venice).

Quite disappointed that Baileys is on the ultimate list - its certainly a basic fairly cheap spirit over here.

Does anyone know if Ginger Beer (which is a soft drink, non-alchoholic & quite different to Ginger Ale) is available on board?

Cheers,

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

Hi,

Getting excited about our first Azamara cruise coming up on Sept 29th (Athens to Venice).

Quite disappointed that Baileys is on the ultimate list - its certainly a basic fairly cheap spirit over here.

Does anyone know if Ginger Beer (which is a soft drink, non-alchoholic & quite different to Ginger Ale) is available on board?

Cheers,

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

Yes Ginger Beer is normally carried onboard, usually Goslings as it goes in the “Dark & Stormy” although it’s a bit too sweet to my taste.

What are the martinis in the pictures? I love lemon drops, lycheetinis, peartini’s so since they aren’ t included I am looking for some included martinis to try. Tks

Joan, we got lemon drops each day in Spirits using included liquors and they were great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This change came just before our first Azamara cruise and made for a really bad first impression. The actual experience for us was that you could get a vodka martini, no problem, only by ordering specifically.... a Finlandia martini as opposed to a vodka martini. Our theory is that those that are not into the boards (the majority) will approach the bar, check out the complimentary list, and figure that martinis (or the many others that have to be ordered a certain way) are not included. Profits are up.

Our theory is that those that are not into the boards (the majority) will approach the bar, check out the complimentary list, and figure that martinis (or the many others that have to be ordered a certain way) are not included. Profits are up.

Based on what I've read on this thread, I see no evidence to support your "theory."

I have never seen so many 'cards' handed over as on our recent Quest cruise at the end of June. Many of the first timers we spoke to onboard had no idea that they could order drinks other than those actually on the list. I know it says you can but not everybody reads every word on the menu.

The included cocktails list has never been comprehensive. People have been ordering lemon drops, cosmos, and other not-on-the-list cocktails without charge.since spirits have been included. And I just cannot believe Azamara's bartenders are charging people for cocktails made with included spirits.

Yes that poster attacks if you disagree or have a different opinion to him. He attacked me in the past when I posted my experiences on board which he disagreed with.

Why are all included drinks not shown on the menu? Surely in other land based bars a menu lists all drinks you can purchase.

I suspect there are hundreds of cocktails that can be made with the included spirits, so listing them all is simply not going to happen and asking for such is unreasonable.

We are currently on Pursuit and the default is definitely to the included drinks, we initially had to make it clear we wanted drinks from the Ultimate Package, although you soon get known and there’s no problem.

I object to any of my comments being characterised as an 'accusation'. I am not accusing Azamara of anything but rather stating what I saw. If the current position increases revenue slightly then it is a 'win' for whoever was clever enough to think of it.

I am sorry if my observations on my cruise are not good enough. However it is unlikely that Azamara are going to publish their bar revenue figures any time soon so we will never know.

I will continue to enjoy my Azamara cruises and have just booked another one for next year on the lovely Pursuit.

We are currently on Pursuit and the default is definitely to the included drinks, we initially had to make it clear we wanted drinks from the Ultimate Package, although you soon get known and there’s no problem.

I agree. Last cruise we had the Ultimate Package, until we were known at the bar, unless you made it clear, the cocktails were made with standard spirits.... same with espresso at Mosaic. In fact I've heard more than once a bartender suggest to someone an alternative similar cocktail to those not having the upgraded package. I've never seen upselling... but that's just my experience.

As previously discussed the list now only shows the main spirits, not the other cocktail ingredients. HalifaxYorksCruiser that you have quoted had his Long Island Iced Tea included after the menu change, so the answer is yes, it is included (make sure you ask for it made with the included spirits)