Bliss - what 3 dining venues would you choose for specialty dining?

CP3o

We’ve eliminated Teppinaki bc done it before and a couple picky eaters who don’t love appetizer and desert options.

I originally wanted to try Ocean Blue, upcharge doesn’t bother me, but change in menu does so that’s off.

Also, if decide to try Q w a vegetarian and pay outside of dining package, is it ok for one in party to order a few sides, drinks, and no entree?

Pretty sure we’ll want Cagneys and Los lobos

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ocean blue got mixed reviews when I was on in May.

I would Say do CAGNEYS all three times. soooo very good. But La Cucina is also good and nearby we had the Captain and his gang eating on the outside area.

The Mexican place also got mixed reviews. A lot of folks like Food Republic and it is ala carte and did looking fun and interesting.

that is my take. Cagneys, La Cucina, Food Republic. If you do the BBQ place, go later around 8 pm ish and then eat slow and stay for the band. Don't forget the LOCAL either. Good burgers and fries and the desserts are bigger than the MDR or buffet.

We are on the 10/13 sailing of the Bliss. This is my cruising companions first time on NCL.

We chose Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. I loved Cagney's and La Cucina. Le Bistro was okay not bad but not great ( I loved the chocolate/fruit fondu) but my dad and brother would like to try it so we decided on that. Teppanyaki didn't appeal to us either.

I would like to try Los Lobos but we can get very good Mexican food at home so thats why we didn't choose that. Q just didn't appeal to us and my dad doesn't eat any shellfish or sushi so Bayamo & Food Republic is out.

We were on the PC cruise, and my three restaurants would be Los Lobos, La Cucina (surprised by the meal, it was very good), and Cagney's. The Q could be substituted in there if you wanted to.

Our favorites on the July 7th sailing were Los Lobos and Tepanyaki. La Cucina was so so to us, but I am half Italian from a restaurateur family, so I am probably too picky. I did love the lemon vinaigrette dressing on the salad there and they were so kind as to give me the recipe. In retrospect, we would have substituted Cagney's for La Cucina.

Also, you may ask them to give you your left overs to take to your stateroom. That was something we did not learn until the final night in Tepanyaki. Because I have had bariatric surgery, I wasted a lot of food with my small portions.

YMMV

We are on the 10/13 sailing of the Bliss. This is my cruising companions first time on NCL.

We chose Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. I loved Cagney's and La Cucina. Le Bistro was okay not bad but not great ( I loved the chocolate/fruit fondu) but my dad and brother would like to try it so we decided on that. Teppanyaki didn't appeal to us either.

I would like to try Los Lobos but we can get very good Mexican food at home so thats why we didn't choose that. Q just didn't appeal to us and my dad doesn't eat any shellfish or sushi so Bayamo & Food Republic is out.

But the Margaritas at Los Lobos are out of this world. It is worth at least visiting their bar and giving them a whirl. When I next sail a ship with Los Lobos, at minimum I will visit the bar and have a couple. Had the Red Snapper Veracruz on Dawn this past May. It was so delicious.

Los Lobos

Cagney’s

Ocean Blue (even with the new menu)

What did you like on the new Ocean Blue menu?

Maybe I looked at an incomplete one but seemed like most of the appetizers were replaced with oyster choices (which I don't eat).

The men in party, who might have opted for filet mignon, alone or with some seafood, now have beef tenderloin which sounds like a MDR entry.

The lobster is now a lobster pot pie.

Older menu, originally posted by BirdTravels (assuming rude not to give credit where it's due! :-)) From old menu we'd have like the crab legs, crab cakes and fried calamari, all gone.

d482fc30a14622198ffc3a53bf5ce75d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sailed last week. Cagney's was our best meal followed by Le Bistro and Los Lobos. Q was a disaster. Very poor service, food served cold....only redeeming item was the cornbread. Even the banana pudding was terrible. Even when we finally got some "hot" food it was poor. I was so disappointed. Thinking they had staff turnover and had some training issues. Server was very nice but overwhelmed and it was not that busy.

Cagney's service was the best I have had in 12 NCL sailings even though they were packed. Wish we had tried La Cucina.

What did you like on the new Ocean Blue menu?

The men in party, who might have opted for filet mignon, alone or with some seafood, now have beef tenderloin which sounds like a MDR entry.

Beef tenderloin is Filet Mignon.

We just returned from our Bliss cruise yesterday! We were able to reserve Teppanyaki prior to the cruise but couldn’t get anything else online. It was very stressful on embarkation day because we wanted to make sure we could get the remaining restaurants booked! We were early and had boarding group 1. As soon as we were called we went straight to the Social on deck 6 and inside there were four terminals/lines set up to make onboard restaurant bookings. I got there before any dining representatives even arrived! They started at 11:00,and I guess we were on a few minutes before that. I was able to book Cagneys and Le Bistro for the days/times we wanted. They hold about 70% of the tables for reservations on board. Of the three, we definitely enjoyed Le Bistro the most, then Cagneys, then Teppanyaki.

But the Margaritas at Los Lobos are out of this world. It is worth at least visiting their bar and giving them a whirl. When I next sail a ship with Los Lobos, at minimum I will visit the bar and have a couple. Had the Red Snapper Veracruz on Dawn this past May. It was so delicious.

Sorry, saw this a little late. Thank you so much for this info. I am a lover of Margaritas, it is my drink of choice and everyone that knows me says "she's having a margarita". I can't wait to try this out.

Thanks again! ;)

Does anyone know if any of the restaraunts offer Crab legs or Steak and Lobster dish?

No straight up lobster. There is a lobster pot pie at Ocean Blue. Don’t think I’ve ever seen crab legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Older menu, originally posted by BirdTravels (assuming rude not to give credit where it's due! :-)) From old menu we'd have like the crab legs, crab cakes and fried calamari, all gone.

d482fc30a14622198ffc3a53bf5ce75d.jpg

Probably would have liked Ocean Blue much better with this menu! We had the new menu, and found the choices very limited. Would not go back with the new menu, but would consider with the old