Has anyone ever donated to a school or orphanage in Ensenada?

DukeASUGirl

I know that "donate" is a bad word on CC, but my daughter would like to do this. She's a Girl Scout and she wants to see if her troop can collect supplies, clothes, toiletries, etc and she could bring it in a backpack.

We already have a kayak tour booked for that port day, but there's an extra 4 hours in port than the length of the tour. So I'd like to try to do this, if possible.

Are there any organizations who will meet you at the terminal to make a drop? Or is it better to actually go directly to a school?

I know that "donate" is a bad word on CC, but my daughter would like to do this. She's a Girl Scout and she wants to see if her troop can collect supplies, clothes, toiletries, etc and she could bring it in a backpack.

Are there any organizations who will meet you at the terminal to make a drop? Or is it better to actually go directly to a school?

You will be hard pressed to get anyone to come to the terminal for a backpack full of supplies. I just don't think it will be worth anyone's time to do this.

If you really want to do something, why not raise some money in the group and donate it? This would be much more useful to as the money could be used for specific needs. One idea is to visit a local orphanage (orfanato in Spanish) and give them a donation in person. You daughter could make a real connection with the place and take a picture to share with her troop.

This seems to be the closest Orphanage to the port that I could find on line:

http://www.casatemporal.org/loquehacemos.php

Good luck!