Seeking Current info on Liquor Shopping in St.Thomas near Havensight

cruising_along

Going to St.Thomas this November and am planning to do some Liquor shopping. Carnival docks at Havensight and we are planning to go to Magen's bay on our own for a few hours and do liquor shopping on the way back. Selection and Price are the key factors. Looking for a current list of store recommendations. Thanks

There are only a few stores selling liquor and they're fairly close to each other: Milano, Caribana, AH Rouse which may have a new name, and Dynasty Dazzlers. There probably isn't a huge price difference between stores.

Hennessey White is a very popular liquor item because not sold in US. Botany Bay rum is another but is not as well known.

There are only a few stores selling liquor and they're fairly close to each other: Milano, Caribana, AH Rouse which may have a new name, and Dynasty Dazzlers. There probably isn't a huge price difference between stores.

Hennessey White is a very popular liquor item because not sold in US. Botany Bay rum is another but is not as well known.

Thanks for the Info and love the Botany Bay Rum Suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Ms411 - were you there recently? Just wondering if things have changed.

We were there in March. The big liquor store in Havensight was closed and locked down. We found a couple of stores that had a variety of stuff and a small space with liquor.

This used to be our go to place to buy alcohol but with the VAT added after the hurricane the deals I'm used to couldn't be found.

Hey Diann,

I've always used ah riise in downtown Charlotte Amalie. It's not in the Havensight Mall but I've been buying bottle's of something from them for over 20 years their selection and prices cant be beat. Planning on picking up a bottle or two of bubbly this time around, I used to buy bottle's of White Star from them back in the late 90's $26(US) best ticket in the Caribbean.

When we're on our way back to the ship we'll stop in ah riise and pick something up, they'll let us bring on 1 bottle of liquor, 2 bottle's of bubbly!!:D

Hey Ms411,

Are there any other hard to find or out of the ordinary rum/liquors that I should be looking for while we're in St. Thomas?? That Hennessey White sounds great and so does the rum. Thanks Todd:cool:

Going to St.Thomas this November and am planning to do some Liquor shopping. Carnival docks at Havensight and we are planning to go to Magen's bay on our own for a few hours and do liquor shopping on the way back. Selection and Price are the key factors. Looking for a current list of store recommendations. Thanks

Are you also stopping at St. Martin? I have found better prices on the same liquors there than in St. Thomas. Granted, I have not been to either islands after the hurricanes so I don't know the conditions of the shops at either.

I drink Jack Daniels and I always find a special edition or a variety that I can't find in Puerto Rico, where I live. I also always grab at least a bottle of Cabo Wabo reposado tequila. Again, I always find them "less expensive" at St Martin.

Are you also stopping at St. Martin? I have found better prices on the same liquors there than in St. Thomas. Granted, I have not been to either islands after the hurricanes so I don't know the conditions of the shops at either.

I drink Jack Daniels and I always find a special edition or a variety that I can't find in Puerto Rico, where I live. I also always grab at least a bottle of Cabo Wabo reposado tequila. Again, I always find them "less expensive" at St Martin.

I found the same thing in St. Martin.

I'm cruising with Todd and our cruise doesn't go there.

Thanks,

Diann

Ms411 - were you there recently? Just wondering if things have changed.

We were there in March. The big liquor store in Havensight was closed and locked down. We found a couple of stores that had a variety of stuff and a small space with liquor.

This used to be our go to place to buy alcohol but with the VAT added after the hurricane the deals I'm used to couldn't be found.

I'm not sure what liquor store you mean. You can always walk to Pueblo or K-Mart for liquor deals.

There is no VAT in the US Virgin Islands. :confused:

They're calling it a "sin" tax.

The imported goods set to be affected by the increases are the following:

• Foreign Beers – $6.08 per case of 24-12 ounce containers or equivalent
  • U.S. Beers – $5.00 per case of 24-12 ounce containers or equivalent
  • Foreign kegs – $8.25 per keg
  • U.S. kegs – $5.70 per keg
  • Cigarettes – $11.00 per carton
  • Carbonated Drinks – $1.44 per case of 24-12 ounce containers or equivalent
  • Rums, Liquors, vodka and other alcoholic beverages – $6.00 per case

Even though the Liquor price increases are by the case, I found individual bottles in Havensight were $3 to $4 higher than the last time we bought rum.