Majestic princess what to do on sea days

vanessa5076

Hi

We are about to book a Sydney to Singapore cruise but I'm a bit worried about the amount of sea days. We have a block of 6 I think and also a couple of other odd ones in between. Does anyone know what activities there are on-board please?

Thanks

Hi

We are about to book a Sydney to Singapore cruise but I'm a bit worried about the amount of sea days. We have a block of 6 I think and also a couple of other odd ones in between. Does anyone know what activities there are on-board please?

Thanks

Hi, I see you have asked a few questions re Majestic, not sure anyone will be able to answer you specific to the Majestic as it has been sailing in China/Japan.

We will be on the ship next week, Shanghai to Sydney, so keep a look out on the Aust/NZ board here on Cruise Critic as I will post live from the ship.

Hopefully I will be able to answer everyones questions re any changes being made.

There is already a Rollcall for the cruise you are planning and a few on the Rollcall are on the Shanghai to Sydney cruise next week.

Hi

Thanks

Sea Day=Relaxation

Read a book

walk the deck on 18

If you like to have a chat, have lunch in the dinning room at a shared table.

Go to afternoon tea

Watch a movie in the princess theatre

Play carpet bowls or other activity on offer. Golf chipping, tower building etc watch for these in the patter (daily newsletter)

speed sudoku

trivia - give it a try. It is fun if you join with another group

organized craft activity

9am knitters and natters (take along any sewing or needlework project-unhosted)

The greens mini golf

Bulls eye lazer shooting range deck 18 ( I'll try this one out in September)

Have a game of table tennis & work off that big dinner from last night.

Have a coffee in the Piazza and listen to the live music in the afternoon.

Join the choir

Go to dance lessons

Do Zuma in the mornings

Do the daily crossword, quiz and sodoku (available at the library)

Best advice get invloved in activities and mix in with the other passengers and you will find that there are not enough hours in the day.

Go along to Trivia even if you just watch the first time. If you like it join a group, the more the merrier (up to 6 per group).

Walk the deck on 18? There does not seem to be a dedicated walking track though - or is there? I am booked in the future and no promenade deck or walking track was something I noticed on the deck plans. As Aussies like to walk around the ship, hopefully, it is something added when aussiefying the ship in the coming months.

Nice to know about the Hollywood Conservatory area. However, might they change some of that area for the Sanctuary area (for revenue raising) - hope not.

Those of you on her soon, please come back and let us know the changes.

I was on the 49 day maiden voyage from Rome to Shanghai. It will not return since as you know it was made for the Chinese market but I really didn’t see anything unique. The shopping arcade is bigger with big name high end US stores. As we came closer to our first stop in China more Chinese bilingual stewards were added and the last day or so some signage began to change. But back to your question I am reverse....I love the sea days and thus do a lot of ocean crossings...two TA this fall...one from Southampton in September and the other from Rome in early November. Each are 14 or 15 days and start with a few ports. I think the examples given are sufficient but I am perfectly happy reading a book and enjoying the sea. I rarely go to organized events unless a good lecture and hardly ever a show. I get up late (I am traveling solo) and call room service (never order the night before) and breakfast is there within 5-10

minutes, watch tv news for about 10 minutes. I never turn on the tv again otherwise unless it is to watch a good movie. Then I go to the gym and spa. Have a snack at the Horizon and usually by chance due to crowd sit with very interesting couple or two. Sometimes still chatting an hour after finished eating...go for a swim weather permitting, read in various locations and then my favorite ,take a nap, for about an hour. Then go up and have a drink or two and appetizers in the elite/platinum lounge where I meet more interesting people to talk with and always have dining room dinner with 6 or 7 different people at anytime dining, etc. After about 6 days you finally begin to really relax. I think you get the idea. Many people might be bored to death but for me I deliberately avoid the tv news especially except for the few minutes mentioned and the Internet unless pressing business or to wish someone “happy birthday”. Seems so strange to me since there are at least 15things going on at most times when I hear people say “nothing to do.” Each to their own. I particularly enjoy talking with people from other countries. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Walk the deck on 18? There does not seem to be a dedicated walking track though - or is there? I am booked in the future and no promenade deck or walking track was something I noticed on the deck plans. As Aussies like to walk around the ship, hopefully, it is something added when aussiefying the ship in the coming months.

Nice to know about the Hollywood Conservatory area. However, might they change some of that area for the Sanctuary area (for revenue raising) - hope not.

Those of you on her soon, please come back and let us know the changes.

There does seem to be a walking/jogging circuit on the sports deck (18) looking at the deck plans.

I'm on the Majestic on the 15th of September out to the Islands. I will come back and post on the Aus/NZ board after I come home along with quite a few others no doubt.

Well there wasn't a jogging/walking track on the Majestic for the first two cruises out of the shipyard when we were on her. I noted it in my blog post.

In fact, they had placed different bits of Chinese-friendly sporting equipment in the way to prevent it - not to say there won't be for the Aussie market changes - easy to sort out.

Well there wasn't a jogging/walking track on the Majestic for the first two cruises out of the shipyard when we were on her. I noted it in my blog post.

In fact, they had placed different bits of Chinese-friendly sporting equipment in the way to prevent it - not to say there won't be for the Aussie market changes - easy to sort out.

Enjoyed your blog and thanks for the update. Thanks for your info sewgood, looking forward to hearing the updates.

I guess the activities will mirror other Princess cruises, there’s always something happening. There seems like so many sea days, but they’ll go quickly. I’m on that cruise too and look forward to consecutive Sea days