Pacific Dawn Suite Question...?

Actually I have a few....

Doing the W929 cruise with my Mum in October and we have a Suite booked. According to my brochure, there are some inclusions but I just wanted some addiitonal info on it...

Do we get bottled water daily, or is it a once off?

What is the sweet dreams surprise?

Is the complimentary laundry a once off or is it as needed?

Does we need to take our own coffee or is it supplied?

How does the preferred check in and preferred dinner thing work?

Getting very exciting, hope to see some of you there!!

Larissa

Doing the W929 cruise with my Mum in October and we have a Suite booked. According to my brochure, there are some inclusions but I just wanted some addiitonal info on it...

Larissa

hi Larissa, i havent stayed in a Suite but with Elite members with Princess

they get the mini bar once only which contains 2 bottled water + alcholol

the complimentary laundry is when you need it done

you have to supply your own coffee or get room service and i think on p&o they charge you, with princess its free

the preferred check in is you go to a separate line and book in and go on first.........not sure about the preferred dinner

p&o might be different but someone else may help you out also

rkmw

Edited by rkmw

Dont know about the suite but with the mini suite the preffered dinning meant that you can book a table at any time and you will get it!

We were asked each night if we would like a booking for the next night,after the second visit the head waiter just put us in the book each night after dinner as we left and asked if the time was ok.

Den

We were asked each night if we would like a booking for the next night,after the second visit the head waiter just put us in the book each night after dinner as we left and asked if the time was ok.

Den

We had an ordinary:rolleyes: cabin on Plaza deck and we received this treatment from the head waiter each evening too.

Jenny

• 3 years later...

Larissa

Do we get bottled water daily, or is it a once off? the water is restocked every day but on shore days you can ask for more free

What is the sweet dreams surprise? sweets and orderves

Is the complimentary laundry a once off or is it as needed? they allow one washing bags a day they are paper and you can get o lot in them.

Does we need to take our own coffee or is it supplied? supplied

How does the preferred check in and preferred dinner thing work? dinning you can book the time you like with in the dinning hours.

you get to go on board first

Edited by thied

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful - the perks for the full Suite (AA) don't all apply to the mini suite (AB), at least as far as the Pacific Island Hopper cruise goes. I am pretty sure that you don't get free water bottles, laundry, afternoon tea etc. Free water is available in the restaurants / buffet but they frown on filling bottles from the machine.

• 2 months later...

We just got back from a cruise on the Dawn. We were in Suite 11115 which is directly under Salt Grill.

Water: Pretty much unlimited. They replace them twice a day so we used to remove them from the fridge and put them in a cupboard. That way you end up with extra bottles for days you're in port.

Coffee: You get a Nespresso machine and they replace the pods twice a day. They also provide milk twice a day, so unless you're a big coffee drinker you'll never run out.

Washing: You can send a bag of washing every day. Make sure you tick the "same say" option which normally adds 50% to the cost but for Suite guests it's still free.

Afternoon Tea: You can order afternoon tea every afternoon. Make sure you do because it's like a high tea and you'll get some goodies that you won't get anywhere else on the ship.

Canapés on Formal Nights: you'll get a couple of glasses of champaign and some Canapés delivered to your room at approx 5pm on Formal nights.

Room Service Breakfast: Suite guests can order room service breakfast (leave the order on your door when you go to bed). Make sure you do because the breakfasts are really very good and it saves having to deal with the hungry hordes in the buffet.

Senior Officers Cocktail Party: You'll receive an invitation in your room. Formal wear is required and you'll be taken to a private room for the party. All the senior officers will be there and you'll get a photo with the Captain. Each suite couple end up pairing off with an Officer and you have a chat, a few drinks (champaign, beer, etc.) and there is nibbles bought around the whole time. We paired up with the Food and Beverage Director and had a great time. At the end of the party, you'll receive a free copy of your photo with the captain.

Room Service: The Dawn has a relatively broad range of room service dishes available 24/7. As a Suite guest you get this at no cost. The menu in your room still has prices (as does the laundry bag) but when it turns up you won't have to pay for it (except for drinks).

Priority Check In: When you get your cruise card, you'll get a priority boarding card. When they first open up boarding it will be solely for priority guests..... If you don't turn up early, this will be meaningless....

Priority Tender: you'll get priority tender tickets. Everyone else has to wait for ages. With priority tender tickets, you just rock up and go straight to the queue on the next tender.... This was well worth it!!!!

Priority Disembarkation: This alone makes it worth paying for a suite! You will be first off the ship and your luggage will be in a section with other suite guests luggage. Since there are only 14 suites, finding your luggage will take 2 seconds and you'll get through customs without having to queue. On our cruise a few people managed to get off the ship at the same time as us Suite passengers and when they got to the baggage claim area they were told to bugger off because their luggage wasn't there yet.

We just got back from a cruise on the Dawn. We were in Suite 11115 which is directly under Salt Grill.

Water: Pretty much unlimited. They replace them twice a day so we used to remove them from the fridge and put them in a cupboard. That way you end up with extra bottles for days you're in port.

Coffee: You get a Nespresso machine and they replace the pods twice a day. They also provide milk twice a day' date=' so unless you're a big coffee drinker you'll never run out.

Washing: You can send a bag of washing every day. Make sure you tick the "same say" option which normally adds 50% to the cost but for Suite guests it's still free.

Afternoon Tea: You can order afternoon tea every afternoon. Make sure you do because it's like a high tea and you'll get some goodies that you won't get anywhere else on the ship.

Canapés on Formal Nights: you'll get a couple of glasses of champaign and some Canapés delivered to your room at approx 5pm on Formal nights.

Room Service Breakfast: Suite guests can order room service breakfast (leave the order on your door when you go to bed). Make sure you do because the breakfasts are really very good and it saves having to deal with the hungry hordes in the buffet.

Senior Officers Cocktail Party: You'll receive an invitation in your room. Formal wear is required and you'll be taken to a private room for the party. All the senior officers will be there and you'll get a photo with the Captain. Each suite couple end up pairing off with an Officer and you have a chat, a few drinks (champaign, beer, etc.) and there is nibbles bought around the whole time. We paired up with the Food and Beverage Director and had a great time. At the end of the party, you'll receive a free copy of your photo with the captain.

Room Service: The Dawn has a relatively broad range of room service dishes available 24/7. As a Suite guest you get this at no cost. The menu in your room still has prices (as does the laundry bag) but when it turns up you won't have to pay for it (except for drinks).

Priority Check In: When you get your cruise card, you'll get a priority boarding card. When they first open up boarding it will be solely for priority guests..... If you don't turn up early, this will be meaningless....

Priority Tender: you'll get priority tender tickets. Everyone else has to wait for ages. With priority tender tickets, you just rock up and go straight to the queue on the next tender.... This was well worth it!!!!

Priority Disembarkation: This alone makes it worth paying for a suite! You will be first off the ship and your luggage will be in a section with other suite guests luggage. Since there are only 14 suites, finding your luggage will take 2 seconds and you'll get through customs without having to queue. On our cruise a few people managed to get off the ship at the same time as us Suite passengers and when they got to the baggage claim area they were told to bugger off because their luggage wasn't there yet.[/quote']

I have to agree with you and this is why we only cruise in suites and no putting up with some bogans

Cruise Weekly 22 Aug 2013

Disney dress down for dinner

SHORTS will now be permissable as suitable

dinner attire in the main dining rooms on

Disney Cruise Lines’ four ships, the line says.

Shock horror!! :(

Is this the thin edge of the wedge I hear myself ask? :eek:

Will the other lines start to follow suit?? :confused:

Is no place safe from them??:rolleyes:

I just hope they will not be booking suites next. ;)

Time will tell :

Edited by tateyama

I have to agree with you and this is why we only cruise in suites and no putting up with some bogans

Thied, just curious but what is your definition of a "bogan"

Whatever they are, anyone can book a suite if one can afford it.:D

You may get one as your next onboard neighbour.

Edited by yatchet

cruise we are planning has suites all booked and wait list - some mini suites are available. Do the mini suites have coffee machines and can you get breakfast delivered to cabin, or is it extra/

its been awhile sence we stayed in a mini suite , but no coffee machines and extra for cabin service.

cruise we are planning has suites all booked and wait list - some mini suites are available. Do the mini suites have coffee machines and can you get breakfast delivered to cabin, or is it extra/

The difference in terms of Extras between a Junior and a Full Suite is enormous. I'd hold out till you could get a Suite.

Because of a very significant birthday our family have paid of us to upgrade to a full suite on the Pacific Dawn - July 2014. From comments above, it is an excellent way to travel - even better than the pointy end of a 747!. Has anyone got any photos of any one of the full suites? Love to see what we are getting but they looks good in the brochure. My wife says that it seems to have it all and if only she could take her dog!:):p

• 1 month later...