Plaza cabins on ruby

lovespositano

We are considering booking a Plaza OV cabin on the Ruby. I have searched the threads and have not found much recent information. Does anyone have any experience/advice on this for me?

Thanks!!

I've done two cruises in Plaza deck outside cabins now on the Star (P222, port side) and the Ruby (P203, second cabin from the front on the starboard side,) and thought they were quite nice. You will get some noise from the bow thrusters and mooring deck operations in this area (in particular, lowering the anchor is rather loud, but on an Eastern Caribbean itinierary this will only happen once at Princess Cays) but the rest of the time it's a nice quiet location, with little hall traffic. I wouldn't hesitate to book this area again.

We love the Plaza cabins.They are so convenient to the IC,dining room and Piazza.You don't need to wait for an elevator except for Horizon Court and pool deck.It is very quiet and don't hesitate to book one.The Plaza deck is a well kept secret.

Ellie

We've had Plaza cabins on the Emerald and Ruby and enjoyed them very much. They're close to the Piazza, the forward elevators, the gangway, the dining rooms and Princess Theater - really a perfect location. Choose a cabin closer to the Piazza (more midship) and you probably won't have any noise from the thrusters etc. that another poster mentioned. We've stayed in P301 twice and have never heard any noise like that. We love the Plaza OVs and I try to book them whenever possible.

I think Plaza deck is the most convenient place to be if you're not going to book a balconey cabin. I have one booked on the Grand for next Dec. right up near the Piazza and again in Jan. 2013 for a 49-day S.A. cruise. The only inside that's better is up on Lido, because it's so handy to the pool and Lido buffet, but I still prefer Plaza.

We've had OV cabins on Plaza twice, once on the Grand and once on the Crown. The one of the Grand was fine. We thought we had the perfect cabin on the Crown, literally closer to the International Cafe than it is from our living room to our kitchen. Unfortunately we were located immediately above the stabilizers and it didn't take much of a sea to make sleep nearly impossible with the noise. Fortunately we were able to move to another cabin. The front desk was very familiar with the problem so we weren't the first to bring it to their attention. Choose your location very carefully.

What about Inside Cabins on the Ruby (Deck 5 - Plaza)?

I'm looking at one for my Med cruise in Sept, with my 73 y.o. mother. She's never cruised before and is worried about getting sea sick. Any advice on what cabins to avoid? We probably can't afford much more than an inside cabin on a lower deck anyway...

Just returned from our 1st Princess cruise 2 weeks ago and had OV P241 on the Ruby. The location was great-close to just about everything. We had no issues with noise. I wouldn't hesitate to book Plaza OV again.

I'm looking at one for my Med cruise in Sept, with my 73 y.o. mother. She's never cruised before and is worried about getting sea sick. Any advice on what cabins to avoid? We probably can't afford much more than an inside cabin on a lower deck anyway...

We.ve had Plaza on the Ruby twice now and if not doing a balcony, that is our location of choice. As others said, close to the IC, dining, no stairs to tackle when coming off an excursion ;) and one of our cruises was over New Year's which made it extremely convenient for sneaking back to refill our drinks during the party! And despite being New Year's we did not have any problem whatsoever with noise!

We love cabins on the Plaza deck. Except one time we were the first cabin forward from the piazza area and during entertainment times you could hear the clapping and cheering. NOT TO MENTION the Dixieland Band. :eek: It will end your afternoon nap with a JOLT!

We thought it was pretty funny - but some might be annoyed by it.

LOVE being so close to the Coffee bar, Vines and the International Cafe!!!

Edited by cruisefreaks

In February we were in P222, an OV, on the Ruby. I liked the location very much. Noise was not a factor.

My only complaint was with the furniture---We had the beds configured into the queen. This arrangement should call for a bedside table on each side of the bed. Instead, they had the bed up against the wall with one large bedside table on only one side. They told me there were no smaller tables available. So my husband did not have a table or lamp on his side of the bed all week and had to climb up from the bottom to get into bed!

• 7 years later...

I have booked P222 on the Emerald Princess for the November 29, 2018 five night Cabo San Lucas cruise. I was wondering if we could ask them to rearrange the room so that the bed is not under the window. We would like to be able to look outside without having to climb up on the bed.

I am extremely motion sickness prone. Rather than risk sea sickness, I bring Bonine with me. I chew one on the morning of sailing and one around 4.

Whether your DM is the least motion sickness prone or not, this would relieve her mind. After the first day I can chew one a day.

Once you start getting sick, it’s pretty too much too late to take anything. Only going to the med center to get a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a stateroom on the Plaza deck just once...What we found was that when the beds are together and if this is a stateroom with 2 uppers, then there is no room to stand up when you get out of bed without bumping into the uppers which are just folded back.

We booked a stateroom on the Plaza deck just once...What we found was that when the beds are together and if this is a stateroom with 2 uppers, then there is no room to stand up when you get out of bed without bumping into the uppers which are just folded back.

Right. Avoid the OV cabins that have the 3rd and 4th person capability as the bunks stick out from the wall and will get you whether you have the beds separate or together.

Also avoid P201 and P202 as they are smaller than the others.