Women's Sketchers GOWalking Shoes

I have heard and read good things about the Sketchers slip on walking shoes. I think these would be great for my river cruise this summer. However, there are so many variations I am confused as to what would be best? Looking for something that will be extremely comfortable to walk miles in, black, good grip on bottom of shoe and good if it is raining. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I plan to bring my keens as well.

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

I love mine -- they are great in the rain and dry quickly. I have several pair in different styles now. The bottom starts out with good grip, but they are a spongy, lightweight material & the tread wears out after a lot of use (I walk my dog 1-2 miles a couple times a day & my tread smoothed out in about 3 months). They are very comfortable for extended periods of time and weigh next to nothing if you want to pack them for a trip. I have tried several styles and not all fit the same, so I would recommend trying them on somewhere.

I'm cruising in a month and need new shoes, I bought the Champion knock off's, which lasted pretty good, still have a good sole and some bounce but last November I wore them to Disney....3 parks 3 days, So I'm in the market to get the Sketchers for this trip...too bad they don't come in dressy styles so I can wear them formal night

too bad they don't come in dressy styles so I can wear them formal night

They do have some comfortable Sketchers in dressy styles. On most online sites like zappos or 6pm.com, if you click on a shoe, under the description & specifications there is usually a weight listed so you can tell which weigh more than the others. Kohl's has a few of the dressy styles also, which is helpful if you want to try them on.

Incidentally, these are my favorites & aren't technically "GoWalk", but they are also the ones with tread that wore out in a couple months. They are memory foam and super comfortable.

https://www.6pm.com/p/skechers-studio-burst-edgy-black-1/product/8915830/color/125647

My original GoWalks that came out way, way back in the day, are super ugly but have excellent grip and I wear them often in our summer downpours. Always check the bottom tread pic on any online sites to get an idea of how well they would perform on wet surfaces.

Happy shopping!

Guest maddycat
I went on Sketchers website and found these

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/48487/cleo-wham/ntw

I can't wear dress shoes for my life......

I love Sketchers. I have 6 pairs in different colors. I have a ballerina style in black and navy that is dressy. I tried on the ones in the link above at DSW and thought that they were very uncomfortable. The toe area isn't roomy.

I love Sketchers. I have 6 pairs in different colors. I have a ballerina style in black and navy that is dressy. I tried on the ones in the link above at DSW and thought that they were very uncomfortable. The toe area isn't roomy.

Thanks, good to know. I have a DSW at the mall near me, I can check them out before I buy them

I've got a pair of Skechers Go Walk canvas shoes that I bought about 5 years ago while shopping in Miami. They have taken me all over Japan, Europe, and more - and my feet haven't been happier. I keep them in my suitcase as my travel shoes because they are so comfortable; they provide cushioning and grip, and are as light as air. I've gotten a few different pair since my original purchase, but this is my latest - they feel like walking in slippers!

https://www.skechers.com/en-ca/style/12882/studio-comfort-premiere-class/ros

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I'm on my second pair of sketchers, similar to the first photo in the post above, and I like them. I have to try them on as they don't all fit the same. One problem is finding socks that don't show and don't slip off the heel, especially in the second photo above.

I like them because they are easy to slip on and off--perfect for flying--not as ugly as regular walking shoes and relatively comfortable.

I don't find the same level of comfort and support as in my 'good' walking shoes, but ok for most occasions--maybe not for all day hiking or touring. I recently wore them on our two-week Cape Horn cruise with no problems. I've never had them get really wet, but they would drive pretty fast, I think.

Just bought a 2nd pair of lace-up Sketchers and tried on a pair of slip ons called "Bike Shoes". They look like Mary Janes with a Velcro strap instead of buckle.

Do you have an outlet mall near you? Ours had a buy one pair get one pair 50% off last weekend. So DH and I each got a new pair. I had to leave the Mary Janes behind for the next time.

Macy's had a decent sale on the slip ons too. I think RackRoom has them too.

You need to test a variety of skechers to find the right ones. I have a pair of the original go walks-excellent-though not the best for arch and ankle support. I bought a second pair of go walks-they only gave me blisters. I also owned a pair of skechers biker style slip-ons..more support than the go walks. I wore those out. Good luck in the hunt. I too am looking for a stylish walking shoe for my trip to Europe to wear with skirts as well as pants. Ahhhhh, the stress of preparing for travel. :D

My Mum purchased a pair of Go walk sketchers when she was out with her sister. I think she only bought them because her sister was getting a pair and they were on sale (Mum loves a bargain). My aunt has had her bunions operated on unsuccessfully and my mum has bunions too (Yay for my foot future :loudcry:) but aren't painful if wearing good roomy shoes . Both have trouble finding suitable footwear because of this issue.

Both love the Sketchers. Wore them on our cruise in 2016 and had no issues . Well one. My mum thought her feet had swollen on the cruise as her shoes were tight. Until my aunt walked up to her and was like "hey". My mum had put on her sisters despite them being a different colour LOL.

My mum has since bought 2 more pairs. AND they weren't even on sale!!!

I just discovered Skechers a few months ago. I LOVE THEM! I bought Reggae Fest Willows in navy (bought at Kohl's) and they were so comfortable I didn't know I had shoes on after a 12 hour day. I immediately bought them in black.

I then came across the GoLite walkers (a little bit lighter than the Reggae) and bought them in navy and grey. Same feeling of comfort. The taupe ones are coming tomorrow...LOL

Amazon had the best prices with free shipping and returns and no tax (NJ)

Both styles were true to size (9 for me).

They dry quickly when getting caught in the rain and they easily wipe down to clean.

Next....I'm going to try their flip flops

I'm ridding my collection of casual, ill fitting shoes that have become closet ornaments. I'll have all I need with Skechers:D

Thanks everyone for your input. Ironically less than 12 hours after posting my question I hurt my foot and am in a brace. Guess I am going to have to wait to try On shoes. Luckily the trip is not till the summer.

Sgttami is the sketchers go step lite the same thing as you mentioned or something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your input. Ironically less than 12 hours after posting my question I hurt my foot and am in a brace. Guess I am going to have to wait to try On shoes. Luckily the trip is not till the summer.

Sgttami is the sketchers go step lite the same thing as you mentioned or something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The go step lite is a "less heavy" shoe than the Reggae style. I didn't know there were so many styles of Skechers...LOL

Can someone tell me what the arch support is like? The memory foam with no arch support of some Skechers won't work for me. I prefer a high arch support like Chacos sandals.[/quote

Sketchers GOWalk have NO arch support. Try VIONICS for great support and comfort.

• 2 weeks later...
Skechers make the most comfortable shoes. Skechers Women's Parallel-trapezoid Wedge Sandals are the most comfortable dress shoes I have ever worn. I loved wearing them on my cruise. Amazon has them for $39.95. One of my best purchases ever.

I just looked at these shoes on Amazon. I really like the look, only wish they made them in a silvery color too. I might try a pair!