Seabourn cruise.. am I to bogan?

Hi all, am looking into cruising with Seabourn next year but being a 28yr old blue collar Aussie (consider myself a bit of a yobbo) I am worried it about it being to upmarket for me.

Iv cruised on Celebrity and Windstar and i dont like the idea of waiting for service like the bigger ships (Celebrity) and much more enjoyed Windstar. Anyway what you think? Am I too bogan for Seabourn haha.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

You said you considered yourself a yobbo, so possibly if you act like you would with your mates. That said, I haven't cruised Seabourne and have no idea what sort of demographic they have. I suggest you just go with the flow and relax, don't put on an act but don't overplay the yobboish either. I am sure you will be fine.

I would agree with MicCanberra

The first time we sailed with Seabourn, Antarctica, I was very concerned that I would be picking up the correct eating tool in the right order having dinner also holding my little finger in the correct position due to the advertising photos

Cruisers with Seabourn are "human" even though many are very, very well off even though you would never know unlike some other cruise lines who I thought seemed to be wannabes and owned the ship. Maybe it is cause the drinks are included in the Seabourn price so there are no big noters showing off with their flash drinks

One of the reasons we like Seabourn there is no cabin class distinction, with Seabourn everybody is treated equally

We have spent about 60 odd days with Seabourn with another 18 days booked and have met people from all different classes of society

I would agree with MicCanberra

The first time we sailed with Seabourn, Antarctica, I was very concerned that I would be picking up the correct eating tool in the right order having dinner also holding my little finger in the correct position due to the advertising photos

Cruisers with Seabourn are "human" even though many are very, very well off even though you would never know unlike some other cruise lines who I thought seemed to be wannabes and owned the ship. Maybe it is cause the drinks are included in the Seabourn price so there are no big noters showing off with their flash drinks

One of the reasons we like Seabourn there is no cabin class distinction, with Seabourn everybody is treated equally

We have spent about 60 odd days with Seabourn with another 18 days booked and have met people from all different classes of society

Thanks for the comment, we met some really nice people on the Windstar cruise but always felt underdressed at the restaurants, I will just have to bring more suits I suppose haha.

Thanks again.

I find that there are two things that will get you through any social situation, politeness and friendliness. All else can be overlooked.

My unofficial motto: If you can't be bright, be polite.

Great attitude and moto

Hi all, am looking into cruising with Seabourn next year but being a 28yr old blue collar Aussie (consider myself a bit of a yobbo) I am worried it about it being to upmarket for me.

Iv cruised on Celebrity and Windstar and i dont like the idea of waiting for service like the bigger ships (Celebrity) and much more enjoyed Windstar. Anyway what you think? Am I too bogan for Seabourn haha.

Cheers

Just ensure you pour your beer into a glass and not be a 'bottle sucking bogan, VB will not be on board.

As for using the right 'tools at meals' don't worry about the knife, most of your fellow pax will be North Americans, lol. If you know what I mean.

You will be fine. Above all, enjoy.:halo::hearteyes:

Cheers

Tje fact that you want to travel with Seabourn means that you are not too bogan.

I deal with very well off and connected people On a daily basis. One thing they like is a genuine person from any background. They don’t give a toss about how much money you have or whether you are a tradie or a stockbroker because they don’t spend their time worrying about being superior to others. They don’t have to.

I can also tell you that Americans and other foreigners think that Australians are all incredibly clever and exotic.

Anyway what you think? Am I too bogan for Seabourn haha.

well there are some who perhaps would say "if you are asking the question, then perhaps you're right" :D

Go for it I say..... and report back here!

No meat pies on Seabourn Mr Gut.:loudcry::eek:

Some quiche no doubt.

Mr Gut I reckon you might find a meat pie on Seabourn :)

We were into about 7 days on our first Seabourn cruise and we were joined by an Aussie couple for diner when the waiter gave them the menu the Aussie guy jokingly said he would like Corned beef, white sauce with cauliflower The waiter went away and said on his return it would take a couple of days to corn the beef then he can have it. The poor Aussie guy didn't know what to say so he had to go through with it so we joined them for dinner a couple of days later. The poor guy was joking

We learned very quickly you don't make through away comments on Seabourn as the staff will sort it out for you even though you were not expecting anything

I love good food (half the reason why I want to try Seabourn) and will try anything, am super excited now on the feed back, cheers everyone.

The price is expensive but by the time you add a drink package and balcony to an Oceania or similar cruise it come to the same price.

Quick question tho... what times the bar shut?

Upper middle class bogans are probably permitted on Seabourn to savour ye olde Corned beef with cauliflower and white sauce. So Uncle Les would get a guernsey. Actually, on the British Isles cruise on Royal Princess in June, they had a big piece of corned beef at the lunch carvery @ Horizon Court, with white sauce to go with it, you had to go to the vege section to get the colly. Quite nice though.