Hints on Packing Cotton clothes!

mrssoexcited

We are taking all 100% cotton clothes to cope with humidity, but they are a pain when you take them out of the bag, all crushed! Any hints on how best to pack or, failing that, where is the iron and ironing board on the Pacific Sun? :(

We are taking all 100% cotton clothes to cope with humidity, but they are a pain when you take them out of the bag, all crushed! Any hints on how best to pack or, failing that, where is the iron and ironing board on the Pacific Sun? :(

You can pack them between tissue paper, plastic dry cleaner bags etc. but basically I dont bother, ..dont pack them until the last minute. Unpack as soon as possible and hang them on their hangers in the steamy bathroom..a lot of the wrinkles may drop out. There is a line usually in the shower.

Deck plans will show you where the laundries are on the ship.

Anyway after a day in the tropics we all look the same, wrinkley:p:p

Have a great holiday.

Try "Downy" wrinkle releaser, Wal-Mart carries travel size, you just spray it on and smooth out with your hand and presto!

i didnt we had a wal- mart in australia

here is an idea-called bundle wrapping from http://www.onebag.com/pack.html

As the name suggests, bundle wrapping involves the careful wrapping of clothes around a central core object, thus avoiding the folds that result in creases. Furthermore, the tension created in the fabric by the wrapping process significantly reduces the chances of wrinkling. That's the story in a nutshell!

Clothing is wrapped in a specific order, so that the larger and more tailored garments will end up on the outside of the bundle, with less easily wrinkled pieces closer to the core.

Another advantage of this approach is that it reduces the overall volume of your packed clothing to a considerably smaller size than simply "folding and stacking", or resorting to the use of the vacuum-bagging products promoted by some (which, if you think about it, actually increase your packing bulk, rather than diminish it, and add to the weight as well).

Here's a diagram:

http://www.popwuping.com/stuff/travel/travel-tips/bundle-wrapping-instructions.php

I hope this helps. Please let me know if it works.

I will be very interested!

cheers Bubbs & Blues

Edited by happyaussies

I have been a roller for ages - son now ex navy showed me how, unroll clothes and hang up once on board and no problems.

By the way works for all types of materials not just cotton.

An added bonus I thonk you can fit more in the case using this method.

thank you everyone, I have now rolled all my clothes and packed them - I know its a week away, but I cant wait! This week we will have to wear yuck clothes, coz all the good ones are in the bag. With my husbands good shirts and trousers, I tried HappyAussie's idea of bundle wrapping, so I will report afterwards which was the better alternative. Thanks again - will I ever get through this week?:eek:

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I take a small spray bottle with a small amount of my favourite fabric softener. I add water onboard and spray any wrinkled clothes after hanging them up. Works the same as Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums