Infinity Bay Recently

spyingeyes

I am considering spending the day at Infinity Bay. I contacted the resort and they quoted me $19 per person and includes the use of the beach and pool chairs, pool, WIFI, and a welcome rum punch. I was under the impression it was all-inclusive.

If anyone has been recently I would love to know if there is an AI day pass? If not, did you think getting there by yourself and the price paid was worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have always had day passes - never AI - but the price and whether they are available depends on the season and the day.

As far as I know you have never been able to pre-reserve, just turn up early and ask on the day.

$19 seems a strange number and is midway between the normal prices quoted. I think way back I even remember them trying to charge $40!

Yes and they told me I could reserve my spot right now for a March date!

They have been so responsive to my emails! I’ve been impressed. Did they require a deposit? I haven’t got that far yet. The weather there is concerning to me bc it’s rained us out twice now.

Yes and they told me I could reserve my spot right now for a March date!

Well that us certainly a change from previously- used to be their first priority was the condo owners and would only allow day visitors if the residential guests were below a certain capacity.

I have emailed Infinity Bay twice in the last couple of weeks and have received no reply about day passes. Maybe I need another email address? I used the address on their website.

The island has had some very bad weather of late with wide spread flooding. The internet is dodgy on a good day, with poor weather..it may take some time.

Rainy season, one never knows what might happen. :)

They communicated back and forth with me very timely over the last couple of days. I have booked them for February at $19pp for used of beach and pool chairs, pool, wifi and a welcome rum punch, plus $10pp transportation (round trip) paid to the driver.

They said they only accept 25 days passes per day (we are 13 on our day) so there won't be a problem getting loungers. No deposit, they just have my name and email. I guess I'll just check in about a week before to make sure they didn't forget about us.

Has anyone used their transportation? They just said a driver with a sign with my name on it will be waiting there starting about 20 minutes before ship arrival time.

Hello - we were in Roatan on 10/24 and did the day pass to Infinity Bay. We docked at Mahogany Bay. We did not make any arrangements prior to arrival other than inquiring about day passes before leaving on trip. My recommendation to you would be to make arrangements beforehand!

If you dock at Mahogany Bay be prepared to go through two levels of taxi craziness. You must exit through the first wave of taxis and they will try to convince you that they are the only way to get to Infinity Bay (at very high rates). Once you get past them you walk up the hill a bit to the second taxi group. This is where we waited for our driver sent by Infinity to pick us up. The taxi drivers here will try to convince you that your driver isn’t coming and they are there to help. Now, had we previously arranged transport, we may not have had to sit through the high pressure tactics we endured while waiting. Additionally, it took about an hour and several phone calls to get a ride sorted. Just be sure that it is clear where your driver will pick you up. Our driver was not in an Infinity Bay vehicle but rather his personal vehicle.

After meeting our driver it was smooth sailing from that point on....except it rained heavily most of the day.

Our driver, Johan Munoz, works for Infinity Divers based out of the resort. He got us set up with snorkel gear once we arrived at Infinity Bay and took us on an amazing 1 hour plus snorkel trip! Johan was very knowledgeable and personable and took care of us. We ate lunch at the resort and the kids swam a bit. We didn’t let the rain slow us down too much! Johan also took us back to the ship.

Important to note that we did pay our driver separate from the resort. I don’t remember the cost exactly but much less than a taxi. Cash only.

Edited by joejen18
add detail

They communicated back and forth with me very timely over the last couple of days. I have booked them for February at $19pp for used of beach and pool chairs, pool, wifi and a welcome rum punch, plus $10pp transportation (round trip) paid to the driver.

They said they only accept 25 days passes per day (we are 13 on our day) so there won't be a problem getting loungers. No deposit, they just have my name and email. I guess I'll just check in about a week before to make sure they didn't forget about us.

Has anyone used their transportation? They just said a driver with a sign with my name on it will be waiting there starting about 20 minutes before ship arrival time.

Do you need a minimum number of people to get a rate of $10pp, or is it communal transport that leaves at a set time? I find it difficult to believe they would send a personal vehicle for one or even two for that price.

Hello - we were in Roatan on 10/24 and did the day pass to Infinity Bay. We docked at Mahogany Bay. We did not make any arrangements prior to arrival other than inquiring about day passes before leaving on trip. My recommendation to you would be to make arrangements beforehand!

If you dock at Mahogany Bay be prepared to go through two levels of taxi craziness. You must exit through the first wave of taxis and they will try to convince you that they are the only way to get to Infinity Bay (at very high rates). Once you get past them you walk up the hill a bit to the second taxi group. This is where we waited for our driver sent by Infinity to pick us up. The taxi drivers here will try to convince you that your driver isn’t coming and they are there to help. Now, had we previously arranged transport, we may not have had to sit through the high pressure tactics we endured while waiting. Additionally, it took about an hour and several phone calls to get a ride sorted. Just be sure that it is clear where your driver will pick you up. Our driver was not in an Infinity Bay vehicle but rather his personal vehicle.

After meeting our driver it was smooth sailing from that point on....except it rained heavily most of the day.

Our driver, Johan Munoz, works for Infinity Divers based out of the resort. He got us set up with snorkel gear once we arrived at Infinity Bay and took us on an amazing 1 hour plus snorkel trip! Johan was very knowledgeable and personable and took care of us. We ate lunch at the resort and the kids swam a bit. We didn’t let the rain slow us down too much! Johan also took us back to the ship.

Important to note that we did pay our driver separate from the resort. I don’t remember the cost exactly but much less than a taxi. Cash only.

I think it is important to have a ride arranged in advance wherever you are going on Roatan.

We always arrange for a private driver,or transport arranged through a resort in advance. Roatan is unlike anywhere else we have visited when it comes to transport and my cruise ship time is too short and important to be spent haggling with drivers at the port.

Do you need a minimum number of people to get a rate of $10pp, or is it communal transport that leaves at a set time? I find it difficult to believe they would send a personal vehicle for one or even two for that price.

We paid $60 round trip + tip for our family of four. It was not communal, just Johan and his Toyota Corolla. That said, it was rainy and possibly not many people venturing to Infinity Bay that day. We pretty much had the entire place to ourselves.

It seems as if they do vary the price of transportation depending on the number of people. We are on an NCL ship so are coming into the Coxen Hole port, which is closer. We are 13 and I was told that they will pick us up in a Hiace Bus that can seat 14.

We paid $60 round trip + tip for our family of four. It was not communal, just Johan and his Toyota Corolla. That said, it was rainy and possibly not many people venturing to Infinity Bay that day. We pretty much had the entire place to ourselves.

That sounds a good rate. We usually pay $80 unlimited driver for the day for two people. I know the price per person comes down with more people but I thought the going rate was $25pp for four.

I think we are going to do a day pass to Paradise Beach this time for $40pp, lunch and transport included.