Chocolate journey on Princess

taylorhhan

We just returned from a 19 Island Princess cruise. We had Norman Love special desserts about every 3rd night in the MDR. Every morning they had one special chocolate journey muffin or breakfast pastry in the buffet.

We generally found the Norman Love desserts to be the only ones we really liked. All the others looked decent, but were lacking in flavor. Sometimes I'd order a hot fudge sundae for dessert after dinner. Being married to a CIA trained pastry chef...well I guess I'm a bit spoiled!

We generally found the Norman Love desserts to be the only ones we really liked. All the others looked decent, but were lacking in flavor. Sometimes I'd order a hot fudge sundae for dessert after dinner. Being married to a CIA trained pastry chef...well I guess I'm a bit spoiled!

Keith,

Your married to a trained pastry chef. That’s like hitting the Mass State Lottery :D.

Tony

Hi Keith,

That’s good enough for me. :D She can cruise on the Rowboat anytime. We never had a Great Pastry Chef on the Rowboat...:D:D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Actually "her" name is Richard! Yeah, his pastry skills & that as a chef in General, are why holidays are very popular at our house. One time on Celebrity a few years back, he actually had to show the Eclipse pastry chef how to properly make a "pastry cream" bag out of baking paper during a show. It was amusing when all the ladies cornered him for tips on baking! When we sailed on Princess, he pretty much remarked how the pastry cream was not from scratch. Seeing the "Sysco" truck off loading supplies, certainly verified the fact for me.

Hi Keith,

That’s good enough for me. :D She can cruise on the Rowboat anytime. We never had a Great Pastry Chef on the Rowboat...:D:D

Tony

Guess you didn't know before, but if I know you, Tony, you will welcome Richard on board and the only fee is a tasty treat.

Keith,

Tell Richard he is welcome anytime on the Rowboat.

Mr. Steelers boy you got that right. Anyone that can cook or bake better then Margie.

Is WELCOME ANYTIME and Keith said Richard is one of the best Pastry Chefs :) That good enough for me. Welcome aboard Richard. BTW The Captain loves Italian Pastry.:D

Tony

On our 5 day Regal we had the Norman Love Chocolate Dome (the ball with pistachio stuff) for formal night. I actually enjoyed the meringue clouds on vanilla/caramel sauce more (my husband got the chocolate and we split). There was a pear/white chocolate pastry debarkation morning in the buffet that was pretty good.