Queen Victoria B2B

DebbieMacG

Could anyone please advise on the procedure for a B2B cruise in the med on Queen Victoria? I've done a b2b on another cruise line but stayed in the same cabin, this time we need to move cabins after the first cruise.

Could anyone tell me please when we get our cards for the second cruise and to what extent does the cabin attendant assist with moving luggage to the new cabin?

Many thanks

Yes your steward will certainly assist you. You will be required to pack your loose bits and bobs in your luggage, the steward/s will bring along a rail rack, leave all clothes that are hanging in your wardrobe on their hangers, and transfer these to the rail.

To be very honest, ( I'm sure you'll understand) disembarkation/embarkation day for all cabin steward/ss is the busiest day of a voyage/cruise. it's less hassle to stay onboard to get the transfer done asap ( just before going ashore) to assist your crew members.

I've always found it helps to liaise before hand ( perhaps the day before or early on the morning) with the crew member 'responsible for your new stateroom' that you'll be transferring from one cabin to another. They will then try and make it a priority to have your new stateroom ready ( asap/early) for the transfer (often they are unaware that their new guest is already in transit)

Edited by Bell Boy

Many thanks, that's exactly how I hoped it worked.

I'll pop across to the other side of the ship the evening before and say hi to my new attendant and then after breakfast the next morning pack everything not in the wardrobe. I appreciate its the busiest day for them and don't want to make more work than needed. I'd like to be off the ship for about 9.45am as we are meeting our daughter and grand daughter who are joining us for the second cruise.

Will room service be available that morning?

Just a Tip re collecting new keys; Visit the Purser's desk 'Very' late evening' the night before disembarkation ( they may already have them prepared for you) The lines the following morning can aways be a hassle.

If you plan to go ashore during the transit , you'll need to disembark with your old key and re embark with your new key. ( less hassle in the system)

Many thanks, that's exactly how I hoped it worked.

Will room service be available that morning?

Room service is not available on the morning of departure. They need the men for unloading luggage and it makes more work for the room stewards, among other things.

Check with the Pursers Desk several days before to be sure you're on the In-Transit list. The old steward needs to know you don't need luggage tags. You only have to pack well enough that nothing falls out. It's helpful to print your new luggage tags just to reassure the stewards they have the right bags.

I asumme you're dining together, it's useful to check with the Maitre d' about your new table.

Room service is not available on the morning of departure. They need the men for unloading luggage and it makes more work for the room stewards, among other things.

You will find that on Cunard, morning Room service is available for 'Guests in Transit' ...not for those guests disembarking .

I do these round trip voyages several times a year .

Edited by Bell Boy